• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40 liter

eze8yhuj.jpg

This is much better don't ya think ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its better but I prefered the first shot of this version when the biggest rock was a little more upright.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

usypeheh.jpg
unyqasy9.jpg
8ure9ysy.jpg
jysyza4a.jpg

Finally got this one planted this evening and here are a few pics . Took forever but I've had no floaters since filling .
Planning to upload a flooded pic once it's cleared as I added a load of matured mulm from another tank and the water is a bit murky , well very murky hahaha .
Cheers

Full plants list

Fissidens fontanius
Queen moss

Monte Carlo
Elecharis sp mini
Elecharis acicularis
Ammania sp bonsai
Staurogyne repens
alternanthera reineckii mini
Pogo Stellatus narrow ???

Roll on the co2

Looking nice mate. Hope the ammania goes well. :)

looks great mate looking forward to seeing it fill in

I'm hoping the Ammania goes well also hahaha well I hope they all respond well .
I know it's filtered well and co2 supply can't fall short . I've got the lighting on a dimmer so it should (touch wood) be good to go .
Mixed in some bacteria enriched Ada soil along with matured filter media . Took my time with this hhaha but I'm ready to tackle that algae when it comes ;)

ne2atage.jpg

So far so good .
Drop checker in the yellow / ph drop @ 1.3-1.4 at lights on

1.5 bps
Photoperiod 5hrs
Light is 40% so around 20 watts. I will increase it slightly every few weeks.
Dosing Ei and planning to do 50 % water change every day for the next 3 weeks .
Excuse the heater , I'm hoping to go inline once it's settled in .
Cheers

I see the substrate has already infiltrated the sand ha. Looks great fella., good luck :)

I see the substrate has already infiltrated the sand ha. Looks great fella., good luck :)

Yea that's from when I first scaped it , keep forgetting to pick it off hahahah
Cheers

I play ignorant towards it rather then being lazy. !! Haha

ebade5u5.jpg

That's all the info I have on it buddy , I got it from a friend on a Facebook group ., rare in the uk .
If you don't find any before I've got enough to have a cutting I will send you some ;)

Yea that's fine matey ,
I've just thought I've got a tripod and a half decent camera at home , I've been rude not to use it , time to Get rid of the iPhone amateur pics hahahah

Looks nice Sam may hold you to that cutting in a couple of months if that's ok, stressful house move coming up with lots of tanks to move, scapes looking good mate.

I quoted to grab your attention ;)

Do you normally dose Ei from day 1 with Ada soil ??
Cheers

I quoted to grab your attention ;)

Do you normally dose Ei from day 1 with Ada soil ??
Cheers

Lol, I've never used Amazonia mate I'm too tight, I use florabase though which is similar and I dose from day 1 never seen it do any harm, plus lots of 80% waterchanges with the nanos so gets diluted out anyway, hope that helps mate.

Yes cheers , I ask because just came home from work and there was a slight film already on the surface :/
Nothing major but it wasn't as clear as yesterday
I've raise the lily pipe to break the surface but I'm just a little concerned that it could be to much nutrients .
There is new growth on the Monte Carlo though. :)

Yes cheers , I ask because just came home from work and there was a slight film already on the surface :/
Nothing major but it wasn't as clear as yesterday
I've raise the lily pipe to break the surface but I'm just a little concerned that it could be to much nutrients .
There is new growth on the Monte Carlo though. :)

IMO the film is more to do with co2 than nutrients, water changes and good surface movement should see it off.

I did up the co2 anyway it's at 2bps now.

There's only so much surface movement you can get out of a lily pipe .

Back