• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

450 Gallon tank update

plantbrain

Expert
Hell really frozen over:

Resized450.jpg

resized4502.jpg

Yes, that is a real skull

resized4503.jpg

Foreground is C parva.

Lots of intense fast swimming fish, yes, the P zebra will be removed.
Not my idea:cool:

The R side is getting over grown and they put in that dang Spadderdock, which needs removed.

Light is a bit higher and the CO2 is 2x what the other 1600 Gal tank is.
This tank is really health and has a few scaping issues, most the R and the Erio spot, but otherwise, has done well the last 2 years.Owner took good care here.

am i the first 'not Tom' in this thread?

Great looking tank!!

BTW who's skull is it?

Hi

I really like your scape. Could you list the plants you have grown on wood please. I'm always looking to hear how folk have done with this. What methods of attaching did you use? And what are the dimensions are this tank?
Excellent! :)
Cheers

Gavin

Tom,

the C.parva looks great and it doesnt seem to have any green spot algae which mine suffer a bit from. Is this the tank you showed about a year or so ago with just wood and substrate in? Underneath were several linked Eheim 2080s.

Apart from the the demasoni the fish mix seems broadly similar to mine; denisonis and rainbows. :)

very roughly how many fish would you say are in there?

Pleased to see such a handsome tank with numerous fishes as opposed to the usual Ten or twelve cardinals,rasboras,etc.
Do share your plans for catching the cichlids in such a tank :crazy:

Tom said:
Unusual fish selection with those Cichlids, but they look great in there!
Yea, weird, caught me off guard also.

Have to be removed soon though.

roadmaster said:
Pleased to see such a handsome tank with numerous fishes as opposed to the usual Ten or twelve cardinals,rasboras,etc.
Do share your plans for catching the cichlids in such a tank :crazy:

Electro fishing.
I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

No way to catch them and too much structure to rip up in destroying the tank to get them, draining down will not work, we will lose most of them in that process as well.

Once you add fish to tanks like these, good luck ever removing them.........

flygja said:
Growing glosso on driftwood, now that's something interesting.

No, that's Anubias, the plants look like Gloss because the scale is so large.

sanj said:
Tom,

the C.parva looks great and it doesnt seem to have any green spot algae which mine suffer a bit from. Is this the tank you showed about a year or so ago with just wood and substrate in? Underneath were several linked Eheim 2080s.

Apart from the the demasoni the fish mix seems broadly similar to mine; denisonis and rainbows. :)

very roughly how many fish would you say are in there?

Yes, the same woody tank

I'd say there's 300-400 fish bolting around in here.
Hard to tell, but easily that #.

I'd say there's 300-400 fish bolting around in here.

Good to know, I am just to trying to gauge it with my stocking. I have about half that number, but when all mature fish would range 2-6" propbably averaging 4". I dont use the inch per gallon rule, but it is good to get a comparison for a similarly sized planted aquarium.

Thanks

This is stunning Tom. I love the effect the anubias roots have made, underneath the main plant...is it anubias? i cant quite make it out

Mark Evans said:
This is stunning Tom. I love the effect the anubias roots have made, underneath the main plant...is it anubias? i cant quite make it out

No, that's all Crypt parva, lots and it's nice and clean........

Back