• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

495litre - Simple

Beautiful tank, beautiful discus. I used to find the high levels of protein in beef heart would discolour light substrate quite quickly. Any issues with that?

I used to change 75% water a day but would siphon whenever needed, these were Stendker though. Not wilds

Beautiful tank, beautiful discus. I used to find the high levels of protein in beef heart would discolour light substrate quite quickly. Any issues with that?

I used to change 75% water a day but would siphon whenever needed, these were Stendker though. Not wilds
I used to feed beedheart twice a day when I first got them. But since July, I decided to cut down feeding frequency to about to 5 or 6 times a week (once a day). I change 50% water twice a week.. and sometimes once a week.

The use the cotton wool media as a guide. When I fed them beefheart twice a day, my filter wool would turn black by Day 3.

However, the substrate are turning brown/green not because of beefheart but due to algae. I should have gone brown sand. But too late to change.

I also treat the tank with 2ppm of PP once a month. This helped to reduce organics in the water and helps to maintain water quality.

Since moving to a lighter feeding regime, I observed the following:

1. My filter wool turns black in about 10 days.

2. These babies are actually more active and aggressive during feeding times. I think that was a factor in them eating papayas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back