• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

55 Litre high energy aquascape

My focal point Bucephalandra biblis has progressively become more straggly, with more roots than leaves. Any advise on how to trim to ensure a more compact appearance? I've already removed the flowering stems but not sure how harsh I can be in trimming before the plant suffers?
20230819_222228.jpg

Last edited:
@Dan Earl A : Nice tank 😍. I have a 60cm x 30cm x 30cm and have also purchased the Aquario Neo flow. Currently I have set up the outflow with the reliever (with one wing), but seems the flow isn't great. Are you still using the lily pipe attachment and is it still providing a good flow ?

@Dan Earl A : Nice tank 😍. I have a 60cm x 30cm x 30cm and have also purchased the Aquario Neo flow. Currently I have set up the outflow with the reliever (with one wing), but seems the flow isn't great. Are you still using the lily pipe attachment and is it still providing a good flow ?
Sorry for the late reply, only just getting back into the forum after focusing on a house rennovation. The tank is still running and I'll post some updated pictures soon. In the meantime, I dispensed with the skimmer attachment that was previously installed, as this was quite temperamental. I now have a more simple set up with the 90 degree angle and the lilly pipe. I'm using a small separate Oase skimmer in conjunction with this. Flow from the AN seems adequate, although my filter is overdue a good clean which I think is causing a slight drop off in flow rate rather than the Aquarium Neo. When I finally get round to moving the tank I am thinking of moving over to a glass lilly pipe and inlet tbh.

Quick update. Our renovation work is moving forward so it's great to have the Dennerle 55L aquascape back where it belongs.and where we can see it, after a period of neglect. I dispensed with the Aquario Neo in favour of some Chihiros glass lilly and return pipes, which I instantly like. I have an Oase skimmer at the back which I'll put out on a timer I think. The plants need some work, and I'm getting algae right at the front between the grass and the glass (I had to think about that!) but it may have been due to the previous location as it was getting some direct sunlight.......but open to suggestions how I tackle this?

20240427_204853.jpg
20240427_204828.jpg

I should probably post a separate thread, but I'm looking to restock my shrimp population. Any recommendations on where to purchase these from? My limited experience has been that the local shops (I'm in Surrey, near Guildford) rarely have what I want and ordering online has ultimately resulted in a higher that desired attrition rate! :(.

Another slightly quirky question. I'm taking delivery of a replacement 3D printer and wondering what applications folks have put these to in their aquariums.......again, maybe this is a separate post!? 😊

Back