• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60 Litre Rescape

L_Plates

Evening Everyone, i have just started to rescape my 60 litre tank. Originally it had blue gravel and and sunken ship :blink:

This is the first time i have really tried to design a scape as a need some practice for when my new tank is cycled.

Tonight i have changed over to sand with a piece of Mopani wood with slate at the front edge and a few plants. I tried to raise up the right hand side to get a feeling of height.

The left hand side is empty at the moment but i am waiting of some hairgrass that i plan to grow as a carpet.

Images

60-3.jpg

60-1.jpg

60-2.jpg

All comments / ideas are very very welcome.

Cheers LP

Looks great so far!
What about growing some moss or riccia on stones just to add a different texture to the tank.

Cheers,
Neil

Great idea, ill add some to my next order

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

So far so good, all the fish seem happy with the changes made last night. They seem to like the open space :D

LP

Tom said:
Nice first scape - I like the idea of adding moss. How about some Crypts right behind the wood and in front of the Swords?

Any recommendations ?

LP

Hi LP,

Tom's idea of some Cyrpts in there is a good one, also some Moss or Riccia attached to stones would look nice to, probably placed in-between the pieces of grey stones. You could also grow some hair grass in the gaps of the grey stones for a natural look. As an idea I know you'd like a carpet on the other side but how about leaving it plain sand and concentrating on building the right hand side up into a nice lot of dense plants..... then you'd have a jungle like area and open space too?.....

Cheers Ben

B7fec said:
Hi LP,

Tom's idea of some Cyrpts in there is a good one, also some Moss or Riccia attached to stones would look nice to, probably placed in-between the pieces of grey stones. You could also grow some hair grass in the gaps of the grey stones for a natural look. As an idea I know you'd like a carpet on the other side but how about leaving it plain sand and concentrating on building the right hand side up into a nice lot of dense plants..... then you'd have a jungle like area and open space too?.....

Cheers Ben

You know what i might just do that. Keeping the clear are would be great as the fish seem to like it :)

I have hairgrass on order so i think i will add some into the rocky areas.

When i have added the new plants i will update with more images.

Cheers
LP

Great stuff.... the main thing is that the scape reflects your ideas and inspirations.....everyone sees scape designs differently and as long as your happy with it, thats the main thing.....nice work mate!

I think that rockwork is really strong - gives it a real edge! Carpet of hairgrass will look great, and your fish will look fantastic swimming over it! As has been pointed out the main thing is that you like it, but i think it's great! Matt

Cheers guys, i will see what amonut of hairgrass i get out of the 2 bunches. If i get plenty i will start a carpet from the corner and have a few pieces within the rocks :)

from blue gravel and sunken ship to this :)

good start mate, great 1st attempt

Managed to get the new plants in today, Tropica Eleocharis parvula & Tropica Hygrophila difformis from Green Machine. Great Quality.

Images

60-4.jpg

60-5.jpg

60-6.jpg

All comments and ideas very welcome.

Cheers
LP

Just a thought, what about adding some vallis or other tall backround plants in the far right corner. Also are there going to be any more fish or invertebrates. I think a couple of cories or cherry shimp will lighten up your tank.

Gonna let this grow a little and see how it looks after a few weeks.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back