• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

60-P "Succession"

Yes. Had 25 Black Neons with 100s of Neocaridina in the same 80cm tank for a long time.
Cool! Then I won't rule them out.

Some new plant additions as well as livestock coming up later today. Watch this space 😉

New additions; Hygrophila pinnatifida and Myriophyllum 'Guyana'. Myriophyllum is planted behind the Blyxa instead of Bacopa caroliniana as I found the leaf size to large for that part of the tank.
I think the Hygrophila will (and already has) improved the shade/light balance a lot.
KoY1Pwv.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party and only just discovered this thread. Really loving the latest "Succession" in the image above.

JEK, can I ask, and please excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the mossy clumps at the bottom right and leading down from the rocks?

I'm a bit late to the party and only just discovered this thread. Really loving the latest "Succession" in the image above.

JEK, can I ask, and please excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge, what are the mossy clumps at the bottom right and leading down from the rocks?
Thanks a lot! The mossy clumps are Aegagropila linnaei (actually a green algae).

Thanks a lot! The mossy clumps are Aegagropila linnaei (actually a green algae).

Thanks JEK. I'm learning something new every day. When I look for Aegagropila linnaei, Google comes up with Marimo Moss Balls. Are they the same and maybe cut in half?

Thanks JEK. I'm learning something new every day. When I look for Aegagropila linnaei, Google comes up with Marimo Moss Balls. Are they the same and maybe cut in half?
Exactly - I have torn most of them in half.

Q0fc4XC.jpg

ng9xY1j.jpg

C. pygmaeus added - only 4 so far (long story), but the plan is to get at least twice as many.

I vote without, much cleaner!

.....and more small stone work at front instead 🙂

Reactions: JEK
Q0fc4XC.jpg

ng9xY1j.jpg

C. pygmaeus added - only 4 so far (long story), but the plan is to get at least twice as many.

Lovely tank - similar layout to what I'm hoping to achieve in my sons new tank (though I doubt it'll look anywhere as good as this one).

Can I just ask what Buce species you have in the image above? Did you buy them at that size, or have they been grown on in another tank?

Back