• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

60-P "Succession"

• Thread starter Thread starter JEK
  • Start date Start date
My 60P looks pretty much the same, but here's a tank I scaped and maintain at my university:
IFnBkjS.jpg

Hah!
I just caught up (I think since before the last rescape 😳)

I love the look of Filipe Oliveira’s new 60cm scape (at AquaFlora) but not sure how the sand will look - note he does the same as ADA with lots of sand over the aquarium soil (powder) AND he’s kicked out all the Corydoras and Amano shrimp 😛

I’m just rescaping my tanks too
Went to the lfs and bought loads of plants - no Monte Carlo available for weeks now (not sure why Tropica NA isn’t ordering this in from Tropica Denmark for Canadian shops - I’m more than a little suspicious all locally produced MC is heading to America 😉 )

Hah!
I just caught up (I think since before the last rescape 😳)

I love the look of Filipe Oliveira’s new 60cm scape (at AquaFlora) but not sure how the sand will look - note he does the same as ADA with lots of sand over the aquarium soil (powder) AND he’s kicked out all the Corydoras and Amano shrimp 😛

I’m just rescaping my tanks too
Went to the lfs and bought loads of plants - no Monte Carlo available for weeks now (not sure why Tropica NA isn’t ordering this in from Tropica Denmark for Canadian shops - I’m more than a little suspicious all locally produced MC is heading to America 😉 )

Haven't watched Filipe's video yet, but his work is always great. 🙂 I'm not sure, but I suspect that the soil that i capped with sand actually started to move up trough the sand over time. I think my next few scapes will be soil only or at least have a very good barrier between sand and soil..

No MC shortage here, maybe an advantage of living in the same country Tropica is located in. 😉

Trim and filter + lily pipe clean (the last two are IMO the absolutely worst part of this hobby)
Xcg2BQ8.jpg
I agree but not to bad when not in a rush but i always seem to be these days, maybe not so much this week tanks looking great by the way.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JEK
Do yourself an favour and buy one stainless steel inlet, while keeping the glass outlet which can be cleaned without dismantling 🙂

@CooKieS It's on my wishlist 🙂

Btw the ember tetras has become extremely skittish lately. They hide just if I move around in the room. They used to be more calm.. Don't really know why. And I almost never see the pygmy corys anymore..

I got hold of a micro worm starter culture. The ember tetras seems to enjoy them a lot. Corys are still hiding almost all the time and I think I might have lost a few. I had one confirmed loss some weeks ago and I've only been able to spot 5 together recently. More might be alive though since they are so shy and just want to hang out in the dense vegetation. I've dimmed the light a bit. Seems to be appreciated from the tetras. Also starting to lower hardness a bit more. Around 200 microsiemens last water change. Think I'll go down to around 100-150.

Back