• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" in need of glassware

that inlet is stunning Mark, and the Pyrex takes this scape to the next level! lol

now get that Hydracotyle trimmed and sent out. lol

ianho said:
that inlet is stunning Mark, and the Pyrex takes this scape to the next level! lol

Tom said:
I think they look nice Mark, the angle is quite pleasing

Rather fetching eh? :D It's the rage you know.

Kinda crap i know, but when i ripped the 120cm down, i just left everything as it was. I didn't anticipate the outcome of this tank. I'll change soon though ;) ...

I'm gathering for the new 120 x 50 x 60(H) :shh:

I reckon this is the longest I've gone without posting an image :wideyed:

My wife did good whilst i was away this weekend.

Stability has arrived to the tank, and the moss is looking alright now. A couple of bits on the wood to the right suffered the worst, but that's coming back strong.

I planted a bunch of crypts to the right, which have never really been seen until now...

crypt-3.jpg

The other side crypts do some wonderful things with their colours. reds, browns and a touch of pink at times...

crypt2-1.jpg

Stems have bee trimmed again, so their not visible at the mo.

The polygonum i planted, is starting to flower to, underwater.

The hydrocotyle sp japan, is an absolute weed! I've taken cuttings and sent a bit out. it needs to be cut real hard!

_MG_3258new.jpg

here's a FTS with poor W/B control... :oops:

fts-8.jpg

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...Stability arrives

i want more shots of the intake/outtake :)

seriously thou. I'm really liking textures, colours and tones in the planting. the interaction is a refreshing change from more hardscape dominated scapes.

Best Regards,
John

Hi Mark,

Good to see you back posting! I've had mega withdrawals from not seeing a photo or 2 of your tank mate.....
It's looking great and glad to see things have finally settled down for you and that all your hard work is paying off! Moss and all is looking sweeeeeeeeeeet! What variety of Crypts are they in the scape?

loveing this layout where did you buy the wood its beautifull

Thanks guys. Currently sat in a crappy b&b. Working away for 2 weeks or so. I'm back for Sunday, so might take some shots with flash.
The wife is in charge of the tank now. She's even letting me have 2 tanks in the house...60cm and a 120 cm.
I have a feeling there'll be more hydro to send out. I've sent some out already.

Damn iPhone and 1 finger texting....

Just read nearly all 41 pages of this mate excellent work and such an awesome outcome

Cant believe its 41 pages indeed already :wideyed:
Miss pictures :)
And congrats again on 2 tanks :D

Thanks fellas.

Just come home from work, and things are still good. The Hydrocotyle is just weed like, and I've removed large clumps.to make the foreground 'breath' a little.

I'm now sat staring at pictures wondering what the next move is regards to trimming. o_O ...

The moss is now relentless, getting into every nook and cranny, and i feel it's going to need lots of work just like HC...i didn't expect or need that.

Anyways, i'm in 'next tank' mode :thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:
Next tank mode, haha

YEP! exciting times indeed :D

So, as mentioned, i've kicked the hydro in to touch. I've left some though.

Got the scissors to the moss, to create something that's not so 'flat' still think i can go harder.

I've taken the pipes out for all the fans of them :lol: and the water is a touch murky, but that adds to the sense of depth i reckon :) I've also intentionally over exposed, to show the moss...

11-weeks-trim.jpg

There are stems in the back, but there still growing

Mark Evans said:
Got the scissors to the moss, to create something that's not so 'flat' still think i can go harder.

The moss you can push pretty much as hard as you like, just always cut it, and never pull it away. If it is healthy (Which yours is) it will bounce back. I figure you know this already, and was wondering about how it looks trimmed back harder, but it is good info for others reading this on how to trim mosses :)

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...foreground tidy up.

a1Matt said:
I figure you know this already, and was wondering about how it looks trimmed back harder, but it is good info for others reading this on how to trim mosses

I'm still new to mosses. Uncertainty always holds me back when trimming something i'm not sure about. The general consensus, is to trim it hard.

Hopefully the next time you see it, it should be flattened :D

crop-4.jpg

Ed! remember that anubias you gave me?...see it in the middle? ;)

Looks great as usual Mark,what have you got planned for your next scape ?,and will it be in the new four footer ?,i just received the complete works book in english by Amano,loads of inspiration to ponder over,

john.

john starkey said:
,what have you got planned for your next scape ?,and will it be in the new four footer ?,

It will be john, 120 x 55 x 55. NA style, but with plenty of stems. :D

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Can't wait for the next mode

me to. :D

Back