• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...new images

No no no, dont rip it down yet :mad:
How high is the lights now and do you put them higher when you go away?

B7fec said:
5 days with no dosing......and still looks amazing! loving the overall look. Great stuff mate. I want it........

Piece-of-fish said:
How high is the lights now and do you put them higher when you go away?

I find that to fully control a tank, light is the key. My lights are suspended 60cm above the tank. This gives me room for maneuver.

The co2 stays high with or without high lighting.

The next couple of tanks, i may be going back to my high intensity set up like i did a couple of years ago. :D

I've trimmed the moss a little bit this morning.

The stems have been tidied up. I'm still thinking of taking this down though. Maybe a photo shoot next week, then finish.

tidy.jpg

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta"...A bit of tidying up.

Looks great Mark, thats the good thing about moss tanks, you can leave them without dosing for a week or two and they are fine afterwards anyway ;)

It looks very nice and complete. I would miss it if you torn it down, but IMO it cant advance much more than that..unless you play a bit with the stems on the back..

You can keep it for pleasure in your living room, though :D 3 tanks is not that many :D

Waiting for the new projects impatiently!

Hi Mark,

Looks very lovely, always loved your scapes.
Adding some moss on the naked branch in the back and it's ready for the final shot.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Mike

clonitza said:
Hi Mark,

Looks very lovely, always loved your scapes.
Adding some moss on the naked branch in the back and it's ready for the final shot.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mike. I didnt actually notice that bare branch, and now you've said it, it does stick out like a mullered thumb. :D

Antoni Dimitrov said:
You can keep it for pleasure in your living room, though 3 tanks is not that many

Tell that to my wife :lol:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Waiting for the new projects impatiently!

The 60cm tank will be the one i show off, the 120 will be a secret :shh:

LondonDragon said:
, you can leave them without dosing for a week or two and they are fine afterwards anyway

moss is tough mate, i know. The regime i have, seems to be pretty fail safe it seems

I read this through today, very interesting lovely tank and very nice photography will look forward to the next one.

thanks aperry. :thumbup:

Whilst @ Vivarium, i was on the look out for quality scaping tools. There was one stand that supplied ADA quality kit but at a fraction of the cost. On top of huge reductions, the guy also knocked of even more for a bulk buy.

All surgical grade steel, these tools are awesome. The angled scissors are a god send.

The tweezers are to die for also. I've got for planting HC clumps, some triangular style tweezers to.

The bottom scissors are for mass stem trimming sessions.

tools.jpg

Tell that to my wife

Ups! :rolleyes:
Show her the thread 60cm "quemador lenta" here on UKAPS, to see how many people are subscribed to it. :) We can even sigh up a petition "More tanks for Mark" :lol:

These tools look awesome, Mark!

Wish I can lay my hand over something like that :D ...

Goodness, Mark hate to see a end to this tank BUT love to see another gem of yours ,would be nice to have your cake and eat it (all running at the same time)Would love for that tank to grace my front room, pity you live so far away otherwise there might be a case of breaking and entering :thumbup:

mrjackdempsey said:
Goodness, Mark hate to see a end to this tank BUT love to see another gem of yours

cheers matey. Time to move on though. The experimental part of the tank is just about done.

I've learned tons from it, especially he moss.

The last part of the experiment, started about half hour ago. I've swapped the T5's for the halide.

In the last 20 minutes, every plant is starting to peal like mad...obviously. Really quite intense.

I'm not bothered if it crashes now, i just want to see what happens.

Antoni said:

:lol: I asked!...she said NO!!!!

I asked!...she said NO!!!!

Well.... at least we have tried :D

I've learned tons from it, especially he moss.

The last part of the experiment, started about half hour ago. I've swapped the T5's for the halide.

In the last 20 minutes, every plant is starting to peal like mad...obviously. Really quite intense.

I'm not bothered if it crashes now, i just want to see what happens.

Me too, that journal was cracking!

The "last part of the experiment" I will be watching closely!
:thumbup:

Antoni said:
Me too, that journal was cracking!

aww cheers mate. :angelic: Fingers crossed for the next one.

Adding the Halide is kinda nice, reminds me of autumn blush days. Maybe it's a tad too much for this tank, but the next I'll use it full time as i plan for many stems.

Photography is a tad easier as its so bright...

Halide.jpg

A short video, feeding the fish.

I had a mare, trying to get W/B correct, as i dont have RAW capabilities in video.

&20 and 1080p available.

Will be interesting to see how it grows with halide. I am considering changing my halide in the office more and more. Just need to replace the ballast. Too much for me.

Nice to see the feeding. Do you turn off the filter for feeding?

Back