• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60l tank is ready...sparkling gourami or something else?

PXL_20230616_162312981.MP.jpg
PXL_20230616_162250076.MP.jpg

Yeah whiteworms are so easy.
Just a pot with a lid,Oats or bread,A dusting of yeast,Add culture and leave for a few days. And they will be crawling up the sides. And dip a cottonbud into the tank to dampen it. And then scoop some up and feed away.
You can get culture's for about £2 from ebay etc. Don't fall for any of the fancy ones. Just a simple culture will do.

Yeah have a look once they settle down. The females are also bigger and deeper bodied.

And this time of year when you do a water change keep the dirty water and leave it in a bucket.
After a few days you will see teeny brown banana shaped rafts of eggs. More free food from mozzie larvae. And also water bugs will find the buckets and bring in more with them etc.

If you want something longterm have a look at vinegar worms. A Tightly sealed tub add and apple and follow instructions on the culture. And I kept it in a shady spot. And just added some apple every few months. And kept it going for a few years before starting a new one.

Another gourami that is a joy to keep but very docile. Are the sunset honey gourami another temperate fish. That can tolerate a wide temp range. And equally enjoyable to watch. As they move around touching things and other fish with their Ventrals as feelers.
Okay that starter sounds really easy - ill def have a go at that! I love the honey gourami, everyone seems to think they are boring to look at but I really like them.
Thanks for the advice Gill its hugely appreciated

Back