• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

65 gallons low tech

Tsigania

Hi again, it´s been some time since last post. I started this long desired low tech after moving to my new house, hope you mates like it and looking forward to recive some input!
Not quite sure on the dosing...
As you can see a piece of wood released tanins and the water is amber colour, something I don´t dislike so far.
Sory about not concealing lights and equipment but I am a lousy photographer...
Cheers, Javier.

Here the specs:

150x40x30 cm / 300 litres - 65 gallons
Lighting: 3 x 40 watt spiral bulb
CO2 - None
Filtration: Eheim Lyberty 150 (500 or so L/H) on the left - Atman 3335 canister filter on the right
Fertilisation routine: 3,75 gr KNO3 - 0,75 gr KH2PO4 - 1,3 MgSo4 - 5 ml CSM+B solution (solution concentration from James Planted Tank site)

Flora:
Echinodorus kleiner bar
Echinodorus ?
Echinodorus amazonicus ?
Bolbitis heudelotii
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Cryptocoryne Ciliata
Cryptocoryne balansae
Cryptocoryne Albida
Cryptocoryne nevillii
Sagitaria subulata
Echinodorus tenellus
Microsorum pteropus narrow, windelow
Cladophora aegagrophila
Pogostemon helferi
Vallisneria nana

Fauna:
5 Pterophyllum scalare
Apistogramma commbrae
30 Paracheirodon axelrodi
Otocinclus
Hyphessobrycon eques
Palaemonetes argentinus
Melanoides tuberculata
Physa acuta

The pics:

DSC01014-1.jpg

DSC01013-1.jpg

DSC01012-1.jpg

alpha 30 said:
The tank height isn't to small for Pterophyllum scalare?
Anyway,very natural and nice tank.Good work!

Well, I have to correct myself since there is only a pair of scalare! are you refering to the hight of the tank? cheers!

Yes,the hight.Your fish are mature?The tank hight is 30 cm or I understand wrong?Never keep Angelfish so I'm just asking.Cheers.

alpha 30 said:
Yes,the hight.Your fish are mature?The tank hight is 30 cm or I understand wrong?Never keep Angelfish so I'm just asking.Cheers.

Shame on me, I am wrong again ... tank size is 150x50x40 hight being 50cm. Cheers!

My bad too,I didn't pay attention,you wrote 300 l but I see only the dimensions so I'm sorry.
Now is okay,like I said,great set-up.Cheers!

Back