• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6ft project

damrabbit

Seedling
Hi all

I will be coming into possession of a tank 72x24x18 shortly and will be setting it up planted the equipment I have gathered so far is
Eheim 2260 filter
Eheim 2224 filter
Hydor external 300w fitted to the 2260
I also have a hydor 200w that could go on the 2224
Eheim reeflex uv sterilizer
2 aquaray grobeam 600 lights with aquaray 8 way controller
Jbl u402 Co2 system with adapter for for 5kg refillable bottle
Co2art inline diffuser
EI dosing starter kit
Now my question is
Is the Co2 up to the job as its rated for systems upto 240l and this tank is over 500l,If the Co2 isn't upto it would it be better to have what it can give i could top up with liquid carbon or none at all
The tank will be set up with some sort of aqua soil capped with umipac Senegal sand decorated with bogwood,rocks and stocked with fish out my current tank Angels,bolivian rams,bentosi tetras and cories

Is there anything else I might need or any problems people might envisage with what I have

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
2 aquaray grobeam 600 lights with aquaray 8 way controller
assuming these are single strip (rather than the double version where each power supply runs 2 strips), this is very low lighting for such a large tank ... did you see it running planted with this degree of lighting?

Is the tank 18 high or 18 wide?
PAR drops off significantly with water depth.

Jbl u402 Co2 system with adapter for for 5kg refillable bottle
Co2art inline diffuser
This should work fine (especially at the low light levels), I suspect the suggested 240 litre tank is in terms of running a single diffuser etc ... these aren't available in my area so I've no idea how robust the manufacture is on this regulator/valve system (you can always contact JBL & enquire about the rating)
Some CO2 is always better than none :) ... you just don't want to combine high light with low CO2.

If possible, it's always better to establish plants before adding in active fish.

What are your plant goals?

Hi I saw the lights in operation but they were originally on a tanganykin set-up and seemed plenty bright enough even though he only ever used them upto 70% If the lights seem insufficient once set up i'll purchase another tile or 2

As for plant goals i'm still researching which plants to go for

Back