• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

7.5ltr Nano Tank

toaster

Hey, think its about time to start a journal to gain advice and CnC for my planted tank. I'm a fresh in the world of planted tanks but I'm learning steadily, sorry for the poor quality iPhone pic

wiuh6t.jpg

Spec:
7.5ltr Nano
Stock LED Lighting
Tetra Substrate with Bacter 100 and Tourmaline BC (Luckily my friend had some left :D )

Plants:
Dwarf Hairgrass
Vallis (unsure on this one, back left of tank)
Red Ivy (again, unsure, behind driftwood)
Java Fern

Inhabitants:
2 Amano Shrimp
1 Oto Cat
1 Dwarf Puffer

Dosing:
0.2ML EasyCarbo Daily
Tetra Plantamin Liquid Plant Food every water change.

My thoughts:
Flow is quite strong in the tank maybe more then I'd like, I thinking a lily pipe setup in the future. Just waiting on my EI starter kit to arrive so i can start dosing properly. Oh and I'm a bit worried about how some of the DHG is doing, some a browning but others seem to sending their runners fine.

I think your Vallis is actually tennelus In its emersed form?
Tank looks nice though good start
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toaster said:
Flow is quite strong in the tank maybe more then I'd like, I thinking a lily pipe setup in the future.

Hi Toaster,
Looking good.
i think this is a fluval spec, and if so the pump in the right chamber of the filter has an adjustment lever on the bottom if you want to reduce flow... i know as i have 2 for siamese fighters in which i reduced the flow rate.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hey :) aye it's a spec. I reduce the pump to minimum but still find it to be strong. Was a pain to get out a first :p

Update

Added 8 Cherry shrimp and 2 Amano to the tank.
Added Floating plants to help remove NH3

Growth is looking a lot better, still slow due to lighting. Pictures to come soon.

I really like this tank :D more pictures please!
How much did you buy it for?

Here are the pictures I promised. Poor quality iPhone pics tho :<

Its a Fluval spec, I got it off a friend for 20£

On the desk
357pvnb.jpg

My Oto
hv15pc.jpg

I need to find some wipes for the outside glass, those water drop marks need to be gone, i want sparkles on my tank :p

hey gill, thanks for the tip. I'll pick some up tomorrow.

Update! Just one, I added a new air pump in the rear of the tank. My Dwarf hairgrass is looking better, I've removed some more brown shoots and revealed nice growth beneath it, it seems to have finally settled in to being submersed.

Finally, I need some help tho, I'm looking to hide more of the black plastic back with a background plant in the left-side rear. I was thinking Amazon swords possibly? But then I thought it might be too dominating in the small tank.

Hello everyone :wave:

Its has been a while and the tank has changed quite bit since last update through a minor rescape. I had a bit of a hissy fit whilst rescaping the previous attempt before producing this one, but I'm very happy with it now, can't wait for it grow in and be ready for trimming. I have a new fluval light coming next week, 11w, right bargin of £10 with 2 replacement bulbs! I'm thinking I will have to reduce the photo period as the Watts per gallon rule doesn't match. Could some just clarify this for me with wise information.

Forgive the messy glass, I'm off to buy lens wipes right after this :lol: Hope you all like it.

Changes
Positioning of Driftwood
Added Crpyt Wenditii
Added Unknown crypt (Main background plant)
Added Blyxa Jap (Thought I'd struggle with this but its really healthy)
Added Postegnem Helferi (Foreground)
Removed Dwarf hairgrass
Removed Tennalus

bjc1hz.jpg

Say hello to my new Crystal Red Shrimp, really like the last photo lol :)

35i81lw.jpg

jl3zv9.jpg

Thanks a lot darthpaul :)

Here is some more pictures with my new light:

On desk
14iq6q1.jpg

Close up CRS - Few leaves are melting but everything else is spiffy. Waiting for my new scissors to come.
mrpb4i.jpg

very nice tank
how often do you carry out water changes, and what sort of amount?

Update:
Got my hands on a RO water container, so water changes are now RO/Tap water. Remineralised with Tetra Plantamin.

NO3 = 0
NO2 = 0
GH = <6%
KH = 0
PH = 6.6

I was contemplate changing substrate sooner rather than later but with these results I'll make it later, gives me time to save up and get a nice bag from singapore with mineral powders and what not.

Pogo. Helferi is doing great, with the stock light it was growing upwards and with this new light I've notice they are lowering their leaves, I uprooted a couple of and split the side shoots off and replanted.

Tank had a good trim today, Pogo Helferi is due a chop but I'm saving that till sunday. Conditions are fine, apart from some sneaky snail that was in the filter area. He became shrimp food ;) Anyways here is a update of pictures! Forgive me I was playing round with instagram :lol:

zlygkm.jpg

20rmq15.jpg

kxmk1.jpg

Back