80cm - Playing with layout in Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Steve Smith, 16 Oct 2008.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Hey all. Some may know I'm getting an 80cm arcadia luminaire soon, and re-doing my 80cm tank. I realised that a piece of redmoor that I've had kicking about for some time would be great. I looked at it from a new angle the other day and loved it!

Anyhow, this is what I was thinking:

[​IMG]

I've not finished painting in plants yet, as I haven't fully decided what else I want in there. Basically the 2 plants represented in the pic are Staurogyn and some riccia on small flat stones.

I have a feeling the wood is larger too, maybe it'd have both prongs sticking out of the water. I did this from memory :lol:

Anyhow, my plant list so far are:

Staurogyne
    riccia
    Fissidens Fontanus
    Weeping/peacock moss
    Eleocharis Acicularis/parvula
    Java fern "Needle"

Some plants I'd like to include:

Hemianthus Micranthemoides
    Myriophyllum mattogrossense (if I can source it)
    Anubias "petite" maybe
    Rotala "Nanjenshan"

Any other suggestions on stems for behind the wood?

I'll be going pressurised CO2, 4x24w T5, Tropica TPN+, tropica or ADA amazonia substrate, probably dosing small amounts of easycarbo too. Filtration is Tetratec EX700. Tank is 80x30x30cm which is ~ 70 litres.

2. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Nice one mate looks nice, quite reminiscent of OldWhiteWood's tank? Which is good!

I'd leave the Riccia and use HC but i'm kinda loving HC at the moment.

Its a nice plant list you've got in mind, i'd stick with it for the moment and see how it goes.

Just my thoughts pal.

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I love it when you make aquascape designs on photoshop! It's so inspirational.

Love how it's looking and plant choice sems good too. ave you got stocking in mind?

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Thanks! Shame I can never transfer them to real life :(

Well, I'm considering pencil fish. Every time I see them I want them :lol: Nannostomus espei or Nannostomus beckfordi are the two types of pencil fish I'm really interested in. Seeing the Beckfordis at TGM earlier this year really sparked my interest :)