• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm river bank scape (conquered HC)pic heavy

Re: 90cm river bank scape (foreground experiment)pic heavy

Hi there,
this scape is really coming into its own now as things are filling in, especially the hydrocotle around the substrate branches. Anubias looks great and i think the blyxa would look good just to the right of the left hand java fern, between the branch and the rear hydrocotle, slightly left of centre (not as far along as the anubias branch). Saggitaria subulata, maybe at the far left to add a transition to the upright branch?
Im a fan of the in situ shots as they give a great impression of how the tank feels.
Looking good. :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

as the title says i've finally figured out what it takes go grow hc, namely flow, and nutrient distribution, while light is largely a flexible variable here are some pics of some of the hc that grew wild on its own and is now planted in the foreground

7202896820_5b438143a2.jpg

so finally figured it out i think this is an important milestone for me, with sure signs that i'm improving on a personal pace, though my studies and whatnot has kept me busy, i think after a month of assignments, i think i'm rediscovering this hobby...lol...

my plans for this tank, is to stay with this scape till i exhaust all my ideas, or the soil turns muddy, and also to get a cheap 150 watt metal halide, which i know is a little bright but lucky for me... :lol: i have a really tall light stand, and also the bluish tint of the ADA bulb really fascinates me, looks impressive would really like to get a hand on one of those bulbs... when... i have the cash...

the success of the hc growing is largely due to the 3 power heads i have position in 3 corners of the tank, which is really efficient at distributing nutrient and circulating the water, and the growth is also due the up aqua atomizer i have position before the filter which is really efficient at diffusing the co2, and also i try to dose some seachem excel which makes the plants just that much more green and lush looking...

Everything sure is looking healthy in there. Congrats on the HC. You have more patience than me !!

Back