• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90p Lid

NathanG

Hello everyone,

Getting back into the hobby after a bit of downtime, this time looking at modifying my ADA 90p into a Paludarium to home FBT and fish.

My first issue is getting a lid/cover to keep humidity and frogs inside. Has anybody bought anything that would look nice to cover a 90p?

I found these lids but not 90p and i would need a small gap for the inlet/outlet, maybe a small gap on each side to allow my lighting fixture to clamp.

Any ideas would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Tried asking other authorized ADA dealers? AFA has it but they're US based. Or just ask a glass cutting shop to do make cut one with desired holes and sizing. Ask for polished/finished edges too.

Last edited:
Can’t help on the lid, but I’d also consider how your going to properly ventilate the tank which will be vital for both humidity and ensuring you don’t grow mold.
It will aid in keeping the glass clear so you can actually view the enclosure.

Can’t help on the lid, but I’d also consider how your going to properly ventilate the tank which will be vital for both humidity and ensuring you don’t grow mold.
It will aid in keeping the glass clear so you can actually view the enclosure.
I noticed a few people have the lids a jar, mine would always be a jar. Assuming this would be enough tbh.

I was thinking similar. I may speak to a glass shop also. Thanks for the thought.
ADA 45P aquarium is 45x27x30cm, which means using two of the lids designed for them would give you sufficient length but not depth. If your tank is the same dimensions as an ADA 90P 90x45x45, here is one solution that should work.

Purchase two of the 90P lids: ADA Glass Covers
Purchase 2 sets of ADA hanging hooks (4 per set): ADA Cube Garden Hook (select your size)

I'm currently researching this for my own aquarium, sadly it's a bit more tricky for me as my tank is 90x40x40cm, so I'll probably just buy the ADA hanging hooks and then have to go custom size perspex or glass.

Last edited:
It way well work, you could always add a small PC fan too for air circulation.
I’m not sure what FBT eat? Is there possibility for anything to escape?
I do like the fan idea and they eat crickets and worms. Nothing i'm bothered about escaping. They even eat raw beef and fish i believe. Guess they could have a sliver of my steak ;)

ADA 45P aquarium is 45x27x30cm, which means using two of the lids designed for them would give you sufficient length but not depth. If your tank is the same dimensions as an ADA 90P 90x45x45, here is one solution that should work.

Purchase two of the 90P lids: ADA Glass Covers
Purchase 2 sets of ADA hanging hooks (4 per set): ADA Cube Garden Hook (select your size)

I'm currently researching this for my own aquarium, sadly it's a bit more tricky for me as my tank is 90x40x40cm, so I'll probably just buy the ADA hanging hooks and then have to go custom size perspex or glass.
That's a great idea, i could have sworn i looked here but the shipping was crazy, now it's only £5. I'll get ordering. Still assuming i may need to cut a piece out for the outflow?

That's a great idea, i could have sworn i looked here but the shipping was crazy, now it's only £5. I'll get ordering. Still assuming i may need to cut a piece out for the outflow?
ADA might be your thing, fair enough, but if not, you can get the same style hooks via amazon/ebay for quite a bit less. You can also get clear ones if you prefer.

I don't think you need to cut any as from the images I looked up they leave space for a set of in/out pipes. I'd double check before purchasing though just incase.

A thread I previously posted also has some good alternatives (using perspex etc).

ADA might be your thing, fair enough, but if not, you can get the same style hooks via amazon/ebay for quite a bit less. You can also get clear ones if you prefer.
I found a set that came with the tank and plonked them on to get a feel for the looks. Not sold on them, they look like the back of a picture frame.

I went to the Abyss today to have a nosey around and the aqua one tanks have a simple plastic strip to hold lids on. Looks different.

I don't think you need to cut any as from the images I looked up they leave space for a set of in/out pipes. I'd double check before purchasing though just incase.

A thread I previously posted also has some good alternatives (using perspex etc).

Thanks, I'll give that a read. I noticed the covers for the aqua one tank I saw today had cutouts.

Back