A 90cm New Beginning

Harry H

Looking great. Hygrophila pinnatifida envy!

I could not grow that plant for the life of me, I have very hard water, no matter what I do, they get spotty and end up with no leaves...

Jayefc1

My water is hard too harry ph 7.6 mate the thing is they like good flow and lots of co2 I think they wouldn't grow for me planted but on the wood they have taken off
Cheers
Jay

Arana

Not too much to report this week, just completed a large water change and trimmed some of the stems, also moved a couple of stems of Hygrophila Pinnatifida to the wood to see how it does. still getting a bit of Crypt melt as expected and a few diatoms but other than it's looking good so far. The Hydrocotyle tripartita Mini is doing well on the wood and growing fast. Next weekend i will be popping into @Aquarium Gardens for some more plants as i want to get some ferns higher up in the scape, i think it will add some much needed balance. I will also be adding the algae crew next weekend.

20190630_154447_zps1hv4zfgv.jpg

20190630_154412_zps9xbstdkd.jpg

20190630_145954_zpsilbxupmz.jpg

20190630_154707_zpssfaow3ib.jpg

Last edited:

Arana

Why have i suddenly started getting the Photobucket logo appear on my photos? :banghead:

Arana

It’ll be interesting to see how it grows as you gradually turn the light up. I wonder if it’ll go gradually tighter.....?!
Yes hopefully it will be more compact once the intensity goes up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Arana

So after another visit to @Aquarium Gardens today i returned with some more plants and an army of shrimp, the plants were more of the same but i also added some Bucephalandra Caterina to the collection. So a big maintenance session followed with more plants and algae crew consisting of 30 - 40 shrimp, Amanos and Cherrys, 3 Ottos and 3 very small Siamensis added. This is where we are now...

dipxTrZ.jpg

7ysiarf.jpg

tWd9zpp.jpg

AznvXw2.jpg

ZcF3l51.jpg

kCrS8Ak.jpg

jZw8aPE.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F New Beginning after years of absent Journals 25