• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A bit confused about head loss and size of pump

Tanksy

Hi all,

I'm setting up a 60 l nano reef and I'm so excited!
Here's a sketch of the plumbing.

tank-plumbing.png

I want to have a turnover of 3x. I'm a bit confused with the head loss though and I can't figure out the size of the pump. Any advice?

Cheers!

Sorry u can't help with what pump, but I would say get the strongest out of the ones you have listed , sometimes can adjust slightly. Great drawing and best of luck hopefully someone can help you further.

I've just placed an order for the newest Jebao model, a VAP-2500. They claim that it has a H. max of 3.2 m, but I couldn't find a flow rate chart anywhere.
If there's too much flow, I can throttle it down.

I've just placed an order for the newest Jebao model, a VAP-2500. They claim that it has a H. max of 3.2 m, but I couldn't find a flow rate chart anywhere.
If there's too much flow, I can throttle it down.
What is a vap-2500 (i can't find it on the web); i've gone with their dcp model which is dead silent.

Can't see a flow chart, which is normal for Jebao. Head height is a killer for all pumps, and that Y piece and elbows on the returns will also reduce the flow a fair bit.

Go for a larger pump than you think as you can always turn it down which is better than running one at max.

Can't see a flow chart, which is normal for Jebao. Head height is a killer for all pumps, and that Y piece and elbows on the returns will also reduce the flow a fair bit.

Go for a larger pump than you think as you can always turn it down which is better than running one at max.
The first thing I'm going to do is test it. All it takes is a 3 m hose and a bucket ;)

Back