• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

A Fresh (water) Start!

Richard Swales

Seedling
Hi Everyone!

I am Richard a 23 year old tropical fish keeper from up north (West Yorkshire) and I have kept fish for around 3 years now.

I started out with two fancy goldfish and quickly turned my attention to tropical and planted tanks, and I now run a 72 litre planted tank with the hopes of setting up a nano shrimp tank in the near future (if my partner lets me have another tank set up).

I have kept plants in the aquarium since I started really but more recently have started to properly research and really plan my aquarium around the aesthetics of the plants and hard-scape, which has lead me to delve into the world of Iwagumi!

I am currently transforming my 72 litre into an Sanzon-Iwagumi and going through the process of finding materials to make it possible.

I just bought a new External Ehiem Ecco Pro 130 and have a Aquael Leddy Slim plant on the way to upgrade my equipment.

I have some ADA Amazonia on the way too and so just need to find the hard scape materials and plants (I am thinking Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'Cuba') and I am ready to go!

I might be posting to ask for a few tips along the way and I will post my updates as I go.

Wish me luck!

Richard

Welcome to ukaps. I'M totally agreed whit Tim Harrison about starting a journal of your project. It really helps to find answers to your questions you've gader when starting whit this project.

Good luck and succes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Back