• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A growing collection

Aqua360

This probably will be a mix of emersed growth and wabi kusa, but thought I'd condense a few progress threads I've got into the one!

I'll try and keep this updated, as my obsession spirals out of control lol. So far 3 little projects on the go, hydrocotyle tripartita, bucephalandra, and a new little jar of Monte Carlo!

Probably not the most exciting or imaginative set-ups, but I find them really appealing just now lol.
IMG_20200513_150837.jpg
IMG_20200513_150827.jpg
IMG_20200513_150956.jpg
IMG_20200513_005827.jpg

very nice mate! did any of these plants come to you as 1-2 Grow cultures?

The hydrocotyle and Monte Carlo I'm pretty sure, but I think a lot of shops are keeping potted plants submerged in roots only a lot of the time now, so it doesn't make a huge difference I've found.

The buce came potted :)

I received my DOOA glass air today, I was a bit hesitant before it arrived; but seeing it in the flesh, the glass quality is superb, excited to do something with this, but also don't want to ruin the cleanness of it!
MVIMG_20200519_144142.jpg

Ooo nice! I’ve got a couple but they’re a bit neglected, and the growth is all a bit straggly. Wonder if I need a more focussed light source - my fancy DOOA round pot is on a windowsill but I wonder if it needs more light this time of year. Am going to gather things and stare.

Did you do anything with the glass air?

Ooo nice! I’ve got a couple but they’re a bit neglected, and the growth is all a bit straggly. Wonder if I need a more focussed light source - my fancy DOOA round pot is on a windowsill but I wonder if it needs more light this time of year. Am going to gather things and stare.

Did you do anything with the glass air?
Could be worth adding some dedicated light to it for sure.

Nah it's sitting in the cupboard, probably scratched 😭 I've considered getting the Chihiros C2 light for it and tackling it again, I've never had a stylish kind of light for it to do it justice!

This probably will be a mix of emersed growth and wabi kusa, but thought I'd condense a few progress threads I've got into the one!

I'll try and keep this updated, as my obsession spirals out of control lol. So far 3 little projects on the go, hydrocotyle tripartita, bucephalandra, and a new little jar of Monte Carlo!

Probably not the most exciting or imaginative set-ups, but I find them really appealing just now lol.
View attachment 148364View attachment 148365View attachment 148366View attachment 148367
Very nice setup. I like using smaller tanks to have a "gallery", how is the middle one growing in?

Very nice setup. I like using smaller tanks to have a "gallery", how is the middle one growing in?
I ended up cannibalising the middle one for aquascapes, but it had started flowering well, so the buce I feel definitely did well in that humid environment, which I guess is mostly closest to what they experience in nature.

Hoping Santa brings me the Chihiros C2 clip on led, so I can use it with the DOOA!

These are amazing didnt know how big tanks like this im new on here an just going through all the links and seeing what people have an do it is an amazing forum .I will end up with about 10 tanks with one of everything. Keep up the good work looks amazing .

These are amazing didnt know how big tanks like this im new on here an just going through all the links and seeing what people have an do it is an amazing forum .I will end up with about 10 tanks with one of everything. Keep up the good work looks amazing .
Thank you! Look forward to seeing your tanks :)

Back