• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Journey To A Journal :Crickley Wood

windyboona

the story so far.............

photomar14212501.png
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TANK

450 x 450 x 450 Seashell Tank

FILTER

JBL cristalprofi e700
Gush 13mm Outflow
Cal-Aqua 13mm Inflow
Hydor inline 200w heater
Hydor nano 900 wave maker
JBL m602 c02 set
TMC bubble counter
TMC check valve
JBL check valve
Dennerle c02 diffuser

LIGHTS

Arcadia ellipse plant pro 18 w
Arcadia T8 15w daylight tube
both retro fitted into DIY hood

SUBSTRATE

Crushed lava rock -on base
ADA Malaya soil
capped with Unipac Nordic Gravel
ADA La Plata Sand

SCAPE

Redmoor Wood x2
Various sized Seiryu Stone

PLANTS

Microsorum pteropus'narrow'
microsorum pteropus 'windelov'
Vallisneria nana (now Melted)
Vallisneria americana 'mini twister' (also Melted)
Hemianthus callitrichodes cuba
Eleocharis parvula
Eleocharis sp x 4 pots tropica 1-2 grow
Myriophyllum mattogrossene 'red'

Christmas moss
Taxipphylum barbieri moss
Taxipphylum sp (spickey moss)
Taxipphylum flame moss

now have i missed anything.................

Well the journey has been long and stressful ,slowly buying all the things i needed for the tank.The tank was originally brought off gumtree for a breeding tank for my crs but i then decided (after visiting aquatics live 2012 ) to scape it instead.
Then the agrow started ......
ordered my external filter for the tank from a well known site which was delivered a few days later ,turned up and after unpacking found that the canister was cracked ...Greattt....
after a few phone calls and some pics emailed another one was sent which worked ok ..

Liked the look of the TMC signature cabinets in the mags so i thought id buy one ,shall i use the same company as i did with the filter i thought !!! well i did and guess what ,it arrived like it was parachuted in with no parachute ..smashed to blahblahblahblah....
after a few phone calls and pics emailed they got back to me ...sorry we have none in stock would i like a refund ... well i got one eventually ,2 weeks later!!!
Well i certainly wasnt using that company again so i drove to birmingham and picked one up from gardensite

Next co2 .....
ordered that ,it arrived ,set it up no workey,thats been sent back to the manufacturers for testing as the reg/solanoid was faulty.So iam using my Tmc nano co2 set for now,Bit of a ture turning it on and off ,and i left it on allnight last night ,so i cant see the bottle lasting long.

Well its been 28 days later ,Im keeping a everyotherday w/c untill next week were i will be just doing 50% once a week ...
co2 is about 2 bubbles a second and the co2 indicater is a very nice lime green colour..

Now as for ferts i kind of lose the plot and the more i read about all the different chemicals the more i get lost.
was going to go the ada route but after reading they might be a bit weak ive decided to go the ei route

Ive purchased the starter kit from one of are sponsors but am only dosing micro every other day and using Ada step 1 (5 squirts for my 100l tank) everyday untill i use this up,Then i will use my EI macro instead ...does this sound alright????

ciao :\

Back