• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A passion for a planted tank with South American dwarf cichlids

dwarf cichlid

Seedling
Hello all, I kept African cichlids 15 years ago but have rekindled the cichlid passion with dwarf cichlids so that I can raise a half decent planted aquarium without the plant rampages full scale African cichlids carry out. I am restricting the stock generally to dwarf cichlids but wifey wouldn't sanction the tank located in the kitchen without a couple of angel fish as well - so it's eight placid dwarf cichlids vs two angelfish (fractious fellas) - a New World only theme. Diana Walstad has been my guiding light so it's a dirt based tank. Cheers, Pete

Welcome! Look forward to seeing this tank in the journals section

Hello all, I kept African cichlids 15 years ago but have rekindled the cichlid passion with dwarf cichlids so that I can raise a half decent planted aquarium without the plant rampages full scale African cichlids carry out. I am restricting the stock generally to dwarf cichlids but wifey wouldn't sanction the tank located in the kitchen without a couple of angel fish as well - so it's eight placid dwarf cichlids vs two angelfish (fractious fellas) - a New World only theme. Diana Walstad has been my guiding light so it's a dirt based tank. Cheers, Pete
Hi mate, know this pain my tank went in the kitchen with the proviso of angel fish... the pain is real haha. Share pics once sorted

Back