• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Rocky Road - New inhabitants

good photography J!

Wharf aquatic is a little poor at the min, theres not a lot in. I went to MA in Landmere Lane Nottingham (can't remember the name of the garden center), a couple of weeks back and they have a quality selection of fish at the moment. I'd be checking that place out.

Gill said:
My Dwarf/Pygmy Cories eat whatever the other fish get, and have never been fussy. I feed Hikari Brands Micro/Guppy/ and Spirulina.
Must say the tank looks amazing and great photos showcasing it.
Thanks Gill :oops: It still has a ways to go but I can certainly lose a fair bit of time in front of it.

ianho said:
good photography J!

Wharf aquatic is a little poor at the min, theres not a lot in. I went to MA in Landmere Lane Nottingham (can't remember the name of the garden center), a couple of weeks back and they have a quality selection of fish at the moment. I'd be checking that place out.

Thanks Ian, shame to hear about Wharf aquatics but appretiate the heads up. Unfortunately the Landmere Ln MA seems to be an extra 1h 15mins round trip away so might be a little far, do you have any experience with the MA at Wyevale garden centre or Trowell garden centre? They're a little closer.

Trowell is decent enough, i must admit, i haven't been in there for a few months, but it always carries a good stock of fish. I was @ the QMC a week ago and went to Wharf aquatic and couldn't see what the fuss was about, they had no plants they had very little stock in, not much in the way of oddballs.

Well, following on from this topic -> *Ticking bomb!*, threat levels have been reduced from Defcon 3 back to 4 :rolleyes:. I removed three of the little blighters and haven't seen any sign of more, fingers crossed the threat has been neutralised!

In other news, growth seems to be proceeding slowly but surely. The Myriophyllum mattogrossense that initially struggled seems to be picking up, i'm hoping it will continue to do so.

6478845309_2f0f51e922.jpg

The Riccia is really rocketing now and all the moss is showing some bright green new shoots, good times indeed!

6478848095_126bab2715.jpg

6478851391_b2dce9fb40.jpg

The Cryptocoryne seem to be finding their feet also. I'm really looking forward to these bushing out as i'm hoping they will provide some much needed substance to the scape. Hopefully they'll be here in time for when I finally track down some Ottos to provide something to graze on in addition to the wood. (I'm hoping I'll find some with a decent work ethic, I've heard tell of some that seem to treat life in the aquarium as one big holiday... :eek:)

6478841361_1329c20ea2.jpg

The shrimp are doing well keeping everything ship shape, depite rather disturbingly eye-balling me :wideyed: ->
6478854863_94d545a46f.jpg

Here's an angle I prefer ->
6478861693_5210a19101.jpg

And finally some favourable evidence that the cherry shrimp population is indeed expanding! :D Not much of an achievement considering RCS are the rabbits of the shrimp world, but it's my first time with shrimp so i'll count it :shifty:
6478867817_e35e4c2883.jpg

You stay classy, UKAPS.

creg said:
that wood is awesome where did you get it?

Hi Creg :wave:

It's known as Manazanita wood and it hails from the USA. Tom Barr ships a fair bit out (he goes by the name of Plantbrain on our forum) and that's where I got my box from. It's also available from the forum sponsors, Aquaessentials.

Once you hit 25 posts, you should be able to see the For Sale section, there's usually a topic there with pictures of all the latest wood he's gathered (or you can look for it on the Barr report forum.) He's very approachable so you could send a PM also if you were interested.

Hope that helps,

thanks for the info mr butler :thumbup: might i also add the photos are suberb and such a nice scape

Truly magnificent tank JB :) Only thing is that wood ..... it just ain't right in a Rio. Think you need to send it on to me and I will replace it with a nice big chunk of mopani. "whaddayasay" LOL.

really enjoying this journal. I need to decide which direction to take with my set up. Keep it coming.

Thank you for the kind words everyone :thumbup: The tanks still chugging along nicely, theres a few changes, I'll get some updated photos up for the weekend :)

Hi Joe,
no posts for a while, hows the tank going?
Ady.

Back