• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

About time 90x45x45 scape

tim

Morning folks, journal of my new scape in my 180ltr, the journal title alludes to time, (read lack of it for the last year or so) but also as in length of time. I plan to run this scape for 12-18 months at least, before probably downsizing this tank for a 60cm.
The specs.
90x45x45 pure Aqua aquarium and cabinet
Tropica plant growth substrate capped with unipac Fiji gravel.
Cristalprofi 1500 filter gush Lilly pipes
Co2 fe, jbl reg and solenoid, tropica 3in1 diffuser
Arcadia 4x39w luminare (using 2 tubes 40cm above the tank)
Planted last weekend,pic as off this morning
19794899716_c5edfcce36_c.jpg

Plant list so far Monte Carlo, eleocharis parvula, ranunculus inundatus, weeping moss, bolbitus Heudelotii, limnophilia aromatica, helanthium telenum, cryptocoryne pigmea, microsorum Pteropus petite
Have to say a big thumbs up to aquarium gardens where most off the plants came from, super quality and service. Plants are settling in well so far bit of fungus on the wood being removed each waterchange, I have more wood to add and more moss to tie and will probably add and remove plants over the course of the scape.
That's all for now, cheers for looking.

Keep co2 high in the beginning. Drop checkers are not very useful.
Co2 is on 24/7 currently, dc is being used as a rough guide(as they should be) I plan to gradually use the solenoid to turn co2 off over night for respite for livestock when added, I will run co2 lower for longer this has helped keep algae at bay from ambient light in the past so hopefully will work well again, I also want to try and stick with just the filter for flow so doubt I would get enough around the tank over a shorter period, won't use an atomiser on this scape too much cleaning required with my hard water from past experience.

Thank you George
the Fiji gavel is something different. looks nice, tranquil.
Thanks Dantrasy, I really like the unipac range of gravels and sands, Senegal being one of my favourites but it's a bit too fine for anything other than an unplanted foreground.
Very nice, and balanced.

It should be interesting to have a photo from the stairs ;)
Thanks Alexander, it'll look good from the stairs once the limnophilia has started to grow, may try and grab a pic at the weekend and do a from the stairs "from this to this" post :)

morning folks, quick update growth has been slow but I'm reluctant to increase light intensity just yet due to diatoms biting hard at the moment still carrying out water changes every other day to see it off, weeping moss seems to be the fastest grower at the moment :lol:
I phone pic
22819875947_b157e54b5b_c.jpgUntitled by timyapp, on Flickr
Added in the surface skimmer as I had a lot of co2 buildup on the surface even though there was no noticeable film trapping it there, be a good few weeks before I add livestock,
Cheers for looking.

Attachments

• 19798416704_a6a3ca4531_c.jpg
    19798416704_a6a3ca4531_c.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 364
Great to see the 90 back in use Tim, it has been too long since the last one that turned out so well.

This is a really nice layout, a little stark now but given time will fill in really well with the minimal hardscape still being visible. Will be nice to see the aromatica fill in and add a nice texture contrast.

Is crying out for some crypts around the middle though ;) Got any fish plans?

Reactions: tim
Great to see the 90 back in use Tim, it has been too long since the last one that turned out so well.

This is a really nice layout, a little stark now but given time will fill in really well with the minimal hardscape still being visible. Will be nice to see the aromatica fill in and add a nice texture contrast.

Is crying out for some crypts around the middle though ;) Got any fish plans?
Thanks Iain, yes crypts, crying out for some, I've spent the whole weekend looking for an online supplier that has all the plants I want in one store(For less postage) I've ordered some hottonia Palustris and penthorum sedoides from freshwater shrimp, my lfs should get me some crypt legroi next week and that should do for now, fish wise I want to move my beckfordi pencils back in but I'm leaning towards some rosy loach and maybe something that'll cohabit nicely with them.

Quick picture less update, just when you think you've learnt enough this wonderful hobby teaches you some more :lol: I've been battling some really harsh diatoms in this setup around week 4, I'd put my faith in a good amount of carbon in the filter being enough with my regular maintenance to see it off, what I hadn't considered is this approach has worked well for me with a cycled filter and reused substrate, it hasn't worked well with a totally fresh setup, light is well and truly backed off for the time being and things seem to be bouncing back, apart from the limnophilia which could probably do with a bit more light, I've decided fish wise to add my pencil fish back in and I am going to try ottos, I've added in the six I had in my temporary tank and would like to push their numbers up to 20ish, they have always fascinated me and I've had this six for around 2 years now and would like to see how they go in bigger numbers, I'll also build up the school/shoal of beckfordi's, plants wise I've added crypt legroi, penthorium sedoides (new favourite plant) and a bucephlandra from aqua essentials which was a huge portion for the price and are all about to flower( maybe a defence mechanism from being submerged ) anyway that's about all for now pictures may follow over the weekend,
Cheers for looking.

Back