• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60F iwagumi

any tips on how to bleed up enheim thermo with lilly pipes ? already on the glass so dont want to take off ?

you wont belive this i started filling my tank and messing about with positioning etc as below
filling.jpg

then once filled started setting up filter got out of box(already had bother with clips snapping off) then filled up and found this
crackps.jpg

see the small CRACK ,LEAKING i am not to happy so i have drained tank lowered light and will be getting replacement, what a waste of a night :banghead: my fault i should have checked but i would have thought brand new out of box should be ok

anyway will let you know wats happening tomorro thanks for help so far
Dean

my fault i should have checked but i would have thought brand new out of box should be ok
Just purchased a brand new JBL filter last week from a member still in a sealed box, PFK subs offer! Got home and open the box the filter case was broken too! Quick email to JBL and they are sending me a replacement case free of charge!! it happens!!

Couldn't believe it bother I have had with the clips and then this crack, hopefully gets sorted ASAP anyway, want to flood, will give me time for up inline atomiser to arrive anyway, but was disappointed got that far then leak but it happens

Thanks for great help so far people
Dean

my up aqua inline diffuser arrived today but i have had email back about my filter and have to fill in returns form and send back for inspection so might take a while :( gutted but wil keep you posted

Thanks Dean

mate must be gutting for you. sorry to hear. Guess you will have to wait that little longer ;)

i know jack gutted lol but hopefully not be too long, honestly though after the mess on with regulator and waiting and waiting couldnt belive it, cheers for help so far mate and will let you know how it goes

Dean

Thought would do little udate, filter getting picked up monday just hoping they dont say fault of mine and water checked at factory or something but we will see, anyway here is few pics after trim and with black background
002bql.jpg

003xa.jpg

001omw.jpg

whats thoughts on the background ?

Thanks dean

Personally with that kind of scapes i like light blue backgrounds. But black makes the plats pop a bit more.

Right everyone i emailed zooplus today to see if any news and they said could take 6-8 WEEKS :grumpy:, but only few hours later got email saying they couldnt fix so do i want replacement of refund, the only problem is i have broke 3 of the clips already seem very flimsy but on the other hand i have kept all the filter media and trays so would have spared so not sure weather to get replacement or go for another filter but then i would have to buy a heater so do you think be best to just get replacement ?

Thanks Dean

An inline and new filter would be an extra expense, so i'd try for the replacement, not what you'd expect from an Ehiem...
Either way, i hope your filter issues get sorted soon mate, it's one to flood and admire for sure:thumbup:

Pete.

Thanks a lot pete and that was my thoughts, I could buy a normal ehiem and inline as long as cheaper than £120 but might give this filter another go and I would have spares like I said spare trays and media and also tap at top and never sent back lol, and I do hope it is one to admire eventually need that grass grown in and flooded

Thanks Dean

You think this is best idea then try this one again ?

Dean

Good new people my new filter has been dispatched so be flooded this weekend :D (touch wood) also you wont belive wat i got in post today , another regulator lol must be the first one that got sent and been found somewere in royal mail so i now have 2 lol was going to sell but might keep for my next larger project hopefully what you think ? was chuffed anyway but just keeping you posted

Thanks dean

Good new people my new filter has been dispatched so be flooded this weekend :D (touch wood) also you wont belive wat i got in post today , another regulator lol must be the first one that got sent and been found somewere in royal mail so i now have 2 lol was going to sell but might keep for my next larger project hopefully what you think ? was chuffed anyway but just keeping you posted

Thanks dean

Is niiiiioooocee.

was having problem with forums couldnt get text boxes to stay in place but sorted it now lol anyway filter came other day and now FLOODED here is pics of the flooding
dscn0683q.jpg

dscn0684k.jpg

Fe setup
dscn0685ss.jpg

dscn0686i.jpg

flooded
dscn0687s.jpg

dscn0689qm.jpg

dscn0688m.jpg

hope you like it and i have few questions, i flooded yesterday morning and i set co2 away etc the co2 on 2 hours before lights and a nice dark green shade for light coming on i also dosed ei dosing and same again today,

firstly does the up aqua diffuser make a sizzling noise or do i have leak lol checked with spay bottle but cannot find one ?
secondly do you recoment water changes daily ? and how much 50%

Thanks dean sorry for the long long wait

Hi , mate
sorry to hear about ur filter...I had issues as well so....watever dont kills you makes u stronger even mentaly. Nice skape the stones are awesome, but you flooded too early I think the hairgrass will go well if you dont trim it too much at the beginning, just the yellowing leaves. Hopefully will fill in after the flood. Yes 50%- 70% waterchanges every day for the first week and after every other day for another 2 weeks. Daily ferts as well calculate them for each day. Check the hairgrass on that pics
SDC15020.JPG
During the dry stage
SDC15075.JPG
after the flood went mental.
I cant stop it spreading on my sand area.:) IMO dont blast CO2 cause it will be just waste. U need 4h lights on (photoperiod) 50% waterchange, daily ferts, and max 1bps CO2 light green dropchecker. Make sure u use 4dKH water not the tank water in it.
SDC15080.JPG
before trim
SDC15103.JPG
and after slight trimm just the yellowing leaves and the tips....like hairdreseer;) Will be awesome skape once you start trim properly the hairgrass. You can mix normal eleocharis and mini one.

Back