• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

Well thanks to the kind members on this forum Ali and Iain I have filled my tank with there cuttings lol filled foreground with Monte Carlo and have some lovely deep red plants at the right ( terrible with names going to have to start writing them down) also Ali provided the tall plants across the back and trying to surround my skimmer so a HUGE thanks to you to and everyone else so far let's just hope stays alive and of not move forward but touch wood

etu3urez.jpg

u7umyba6.jpg

y5ade5y3.jpg

5e5u9u3y.jpg

hu8ygyqe.jpg

e8atu3uq.jpg

Thanks again hope I can help you out one day soon

Thanks Dean

Looks really good mate :) hope it stays like that now!! I think the mass of plants should help a lot. I had trouble in my first tank when I only had a few plants but really filled the tank and everything took off!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That looks so much better now ,
I hope you get the tank looking how you've alwAys wanted it to :)

I work on plant health rather then mass .
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Well bloody hope so lol will keep close eye over next few days as off till thursday so keep my water change every other day and doseing micro and macro and keep high co2 , still looking forward to buy in you natural aquario aquarium hopefully a 90 centimetre one in black buy think I will wait until next year as there is no rush before that I will get this 1 florishing keep veyone posted and any other advice welcome so far only have 1 12w bulb running and doing micro one day and macro thr next and doing 90% water change every other day cleaning rocks with a toothbrush and cleaning glass and once a week cleaning the filter lily pipes and the filter sponges thanks a lot so far for your help it's very appreciated

Thanks dean

I could add another bulb but will see what happens tomorrow don't want algae or melt happening sure had pearling today but hard to tell as done water change and always lots of air bubbles then, but see tomorrow then if needed could add one on monday

cheers mate

How's it looking now mate? Still top notch I hope ;)

If your wanting to see it pearl;
Lift the lily output out of the water, so it's causing surface agitation. This should ram the Water column with oxygen, then the plants will take it up to maximum dissolved oxygen levels, and from there on the plants will pearl, due to the water column being unable to take up any more.

I'm sure my moss and java fern narrow are pearling like beasts now I've lifted the out pipe well above the water surface, but slowed the flow, so there's no actual bubbles going under the surface.

How's it looking now mate? Still top notch I hope ;)

Hi ali mate still looking ok had couple buts if bba small clumps of black hair on red plants so dosed with liquid carbon still there but will keep dosing back at work tomorrow so back to water change after lights off not the best but all I can do, not really seeing any growth but still waiting, co2 still on high bps and seeing slight darkening or algae on leaves of some plants and a little loss of colour but may be settleing in so wait see if doesn't take off soon going to have to try something else, maybe a different diffuser or position in filyer outlet but at the min I have spraybar so should be good and huge filter, maybe try a lilky outlet and out inket and outlet in same side but opposite ends of tank like most people do seemed to have better plant helth when had the o-bubble on lol but lookimg ok for the minute so we will see how it goes, been making a tank cabinet for a while so can hide the co2 and filter underneath so done bits and bobs in the today but stil not finished

Thanks dean

How's it looking mate ??

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Hollow mate, not to bad but still slow growth the tall plants at the back have grown to surface the ones ali kindly provided but carpet not changed much I don't think also found a small amount of melt in centre of tank infront of the dirty repens think flow might not be the best here as that's only explanation thinking of getting a normal Lilly pipe outlet to try we're the inlet is now and put inlet on same side but at the back and hopefully provide stronger flow, it's a huge filter so should be strong enough, also keep finding the bps have slowed down by my last day at work the drop checker was only green and bubbles were slowed down, I marked the turning handle on needle vale and its goin further and further anti clockwise nathaniel said night be running out , also going to check for leaks later, couple places with black hair algae think its bga so going to keep dosing liquid carbon on it, apart from that and the reds going green in places no to bad but still think something is t right not sure if flow or diffuser,

ababy4y9.jpg

e4equ5a4.jpg

dubydevu.jpg

yhuqahe4.jpg

Some plants have dirty algae on cannot really get off with pulling out think this might be flow but the eheim skim provides loads here
ysazy4as.jpg

7yragyjy.jpg

u7ydata5.jpg

eze9agy4.jpg

3u3ugude.jpg

8a2eje7a.jpg

There all from few days ago and you can see some melt on end pics but might be because bps slowed over 4 days working, will upload a pic when light comes on this morning

Cheers dean

Just taken
ga8yryna.jpg

dezu6yqe.jpg

aru9uty6.jpg

I think what happens is most of co2 bubbles flow to en of spray bar and looks more at left hand side of tank and seems better growth

Thanks Dean

Have you tried the defused in the inlet of the filter? You may get a few burps but the co2 should be dissolved pretty much completely so should disperse well.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Have you tried the defused in the inlet of the filter? You may get a few burps but the co2 should be dissolved pretty much completely so should disperse well.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

What so put the diffuser into the pipes on the inlet instead ? No havnt but going to buy some more filter piping tomorro for when for into cabinet so will do that then, good idea Ali also going to clean out diffuser anyone know how ? Think solution of bleach and water if I remember but cannot remember concentration

Thanks Dean

Hi Dean, happy Christmas, Tom Barr (plaintbrain) suggest a PH drop of 1.2- 1.4 for good results.
He uses a trickle tower filter so has high oxygen levels & can safely keep fish at these high C02 levels, but as you don't have fish, aim for a 1.4 PH drop & add as much light as you can.
Sounds like your diffuser - atomiser is well clogged ....

can safely keep fish at these high C02 levels, but as you don't have fish, aim for a 1.4 PH drop & add as much light as you can. Sounds like your diffuser - atomiser is well clogged ....

I was getting good ph drop, I am going to clean out atomiser tomorrow do I remove it and put in bleach and water solution ?

thanks dean

Back