• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Aquasoil - Normal or Powder Type?

dfinn

Hi,

I am setting up a ADA 45p and wondered whether I am better going for Normal or Powder Type Aquasoil Amazonia.

Am I ok to go all powder type as this will give me a smaller grain size and I suppose a better aesthetic for this small tank. I was worried that if I mix the two that the powder type will just work its way to the bottom anyway over time?

Thanks,

Dan

The finer stuff will work its way below the coarser grains, but I would just stick with the normal type all throughout. I'd be more concerned about soil impaction and anaerobic conditions with the finer stuff.

Cheers people,

So normal aqua soil is still ok for planting carpeting plants like HC or hair grass?

ok, might need a cap of powder type like you said, cheers.

IMG_1767_zpsmtapmrz9.jpg

Current mock-up of scape, will be all carpet and taller thin grasses between rocks background

I've always found that carpet plants, like HC, glosso, etc., do a better job of rooting by way of the DSM (dry start).

Back