• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini M - Rescape V3

ashcarter89 said:
that is a very nice little tank the wood is a really nice shape and because of the open top makes it look even better. what mosses are in there ?

Thank you ;)

Well we placed in many different mosses there to test them.
Willow, Riccardia, Christmas, Fissidens. Too bad they blended, so hard to identify them. :D

I'd wager you have accidentally nudged the protruding wood once or twice.. If it were my tank it'd be a nightmare!

;)

In situ shots ;)

6174510677_f4d8296f68_z.jpg

6174511497_e393e8d9a8_z.jpg

Lovely little setup. Great job on covering the flat cut off ends on the wood with plants too. That plant holding tank in the background looks like it could be a scape by itself! :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
That's a delightful little aquascape!

Thank you sir! :D :thumbup:

whatok said:
I'd wager you have accidentally nudged the protruding wood once or twice.. If it were my tank it'd be a nightmare!

;)

:D Yup that was my thought too, but it's not happening. Actually the wood is sticked to much there, it's hard to move now. But we're keeping an eye on it when we have child visitors ;) they usually have a feeling that it need to be touched and removed from the tank ;)

Sonnyarba said:
Viktor, I could live in your amazing store! :woot: :clap:

Next time you have to stop by and spend a little time here ;)

NeilW said:
Lovely little setup. Great job on covering the flat cut off ends on the wood with plants too. That plant holding tank in the background looks like it could be a scape by itself! :thumbup:

thanks Neil. ;) Yeah we're fully packed with plants. They looks awesome in this form, but tomorrow we need to trim them otherwise they will break the surface on sunday :D

I nearly missed the AGA shooting. I thought the deadline is the end of the month. But my friend alerted me that the deadline is tomorrow. :wideyed:

So before we closed the shop today we did a photo session on this nano. Added in a spiky moss to the left corner and some additional Boraras B.

So this is what we came up with....

6178136688_a2619bb3be_z.jpg

6178138302_bcea276acf_z.jpg

6178139534_5fb9143749_z.jpg

6178140520_167bbd9557_z.jpg

i do not think we will receive a good feedback on this, but for fun this worth the entry. :thumbup:

Antoni said:
Lovely tank and great photography! I particularly like the last pic :)

What is this sheet that you use for the background ligthing? Is the ligthing T5?
:wave:

Cheers my friend. We used a large paus paper. Not sure about the english name of this type of media.
We mounted this to a large wooden frame so we can use it on our 120P tank too as a background.

Usually light it from the back so this enlight the background.

On this photo we used a backround T5 light on the bottom back of the paper.
And 2 additional T5 on the top of the tank with the tank lighting too.

A beautiful tank Viktor and excellent photography. You make me want to buy another Mini-M so I can try something similar! :)

Thanks guys for the nice feedback. :thumbup:

I had this tank at home and got neglected after a while, because of other activities. Had a tons of brush algae on all the stone decors and even massive carbo dosage not helped with that as the infection was that much. At that time i decided to clean up all the mess and take the tank to the shop so we can take care of it as the new setup is evolving. I am glad this turned out nicely.

Never give up guys there's a success at the end of all.

Thanks for your words guys. :thumbup: :angelic:

Wow !

It's amazing! I wish I could create something as nice as you did! Maybe one day :)

Viktor, do you think this type of setup would work without CO2 injection, even without liquid carbo?

I would like to start a new nano in few months, but with limited space and time I was thinking about a low tech and low maintenance ferns/mosses setup.

mcluckyday said:
Wow !

It's amazing! I wish I could create something as nice as you did! Maybe one day :)

Thank you my friend ;)

Sonnyarba said:
Viktor, do you think this type of setup would work without CO2 injection, even without liquid carbo?
I would like to start a new nano in few months, but with limited space and time I was thinking about a low tech and low maintenance ferns/mosses setup.

The mini m setup with the ADA light will not work for sure. 27Watts for 20 litres is way too much. But you can have a similar setup with lower light for sure. Maybe would work without CO2 too in that case, just would be much slower the growth there.

Also in my experience the mosses looks much better with soft water and more lights (probably co2 too). Going to the low tech side the mosses will be darker and less bushy. So the overall look will be a bit different, but this is only my experience. (we have low and high tech tanks so we can see the growth and the progress there and can compare to our high tech tanks)

The mini m setup with the ADA light will not work for sure. 27Watts for 20 litres is way too much. But you can have a similar setup with lower light for sure. Maybe would work without CO2 too in that case, just would be much slower the growth there.

Also in my experience the mosses looks much better with soft water and more lights (probably co2 too). Going to the low tech side the mosses will be darker and less bushy. So the overall look will be a bit different, but this is only my experience. (we have low and high tech tanks so we can see the growth and the progress there and can compare to our high tech tanks)

Thanks for your answer, I thought so too :thumbup:

Back