• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA stockists other than TGM?

Jeasous if I knew that my comment would kick this off I would of stayed quiet lol It was merely a comment of my opinion and reason for looking elsewhere for a ADA stockist.

So in reply to what I can remember of all the comments here goes lol

1, Money is not an issue, the retail of the tank is £111 at TGM and also at a shop I can drive to and collect in person so will pay the same there as would TGM but with TGM inc delivery so for everyone and their comparisons of this and that money is not an issue, they cost what they cost and I want them for what they are not what they cost but if I can get some money off that will be a bonus if I can not I will just get them at their price, if you don't ask you don't get.

If I wanted a cheaper crappy looking system I would simply divide 2 4ft tanks, but I do not want that.

I thought that with all the high opinions of customer service TGM may offer a slight discount and TBH I would of been happy with a fiver off just for the sake of it and the gesture otherwise what makes them different to the shop I can go to near home or any other shop selling the tanks at the same price?

2, I would not of experienced their "ground breaking customer service and support" as I simply wanted to buy some tanks and possibly a few other bits that, I would not of got in to discussion with them but simply ask if they can meet my needs or not simples.

3, If I walk into any shop willing to spend that sort of money I would ask for some form of discount no matter what it was, IMO if a shop values your custom they will give a slight discount just to stop you going elsewhere if nothing else.

As previously said if they can afford to turn their noses up at an initial sale of over £800 then they do not need my money, I could open an aquatics shop tomorrow if I choose two and get everything I wanted at trade or even easier just go to either of the MA that provide discount on anything I buy. If I wanted to take it a step further I could have them imported from China as I also have business dealings there and associate's that I could with an email tell to purchase and add on to the next container that is sent.

At the end of the day my initial comment was merely that a comment as to why I was looking for other stockists of ADA and that I am disappointed with TGM.

If you guys want to carry on this thread of why they are so great go for it, I will not be using them and that is my choice simples.

Think I covered everything, bored of writing this now so if I missed anything tuff lol

Hi all,
I'm not having a go at TGM, I've never been, but I think you've got to admire what they have done for the hobby. They are supplying a niche market and I hope that that niche remains large enough for them to thrive.
I can't take any company seriously if they sell products like Penac. Sorry. It's too ridiculous.
Having said that I have to agree with Morgan about ADA, this is definitely the "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome.

cheers Darrel

All businesses should be open to criticism, even sponsors in my opinion, I am sure we are all grown up enough to weigh up the pros and cons before making purchases. If you think about it members on these type of forums are in a good position to offer both positive and negative feedback, if stockists like TGM believe they can always improve then it is good to find out what people consider the bad and the good aspects.

On drilling, our aquarium manufacturer does not take the risk to drill a finished tank. They usually do this when the tank is in glass table yet. If a drilling damage the glass, then they get a new glass for less money. But if they broke an ADA glass then that's it. There is always a risk.

Back