ADA Terra Base

john arnold

Trouble with these is that the water comes out lots and you have to keep emptying the glass case its in practically every day

Ray

That would be really nice for an office desk. Do you keep a lid on it normally? What about light?

That would be really nice for an office desk. Do you keep a lid on it normally? What about light?
Yeah the lid is mostly on, and it sits in the middle of the living room on the coffee table. It doesn't have it's own light as the plants are all low light species. The side with the orchid flowering faces french doors 6 feet away.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

Yeah the lid is mostly on, and it sits in the middle of the living room on the coffee table. It doesn't have it's own light as the plants are all low light species. The side with the orchid flowering faces french doors 6 feet away.
I need want to order some ADA tweezers and scissors, so in for a penny in for a pound, thinking to get one of these too!

Is it the S (16cm high) or the M (23cm high?) and is that the 15x15 or the 20x20 glass air?

Also, what is a good source to figure out what I can grow on it - apart from mosses, Anubias and Buce?

Ray

Good write up on the process explaining how different heights are good for different types of plant on Aqua Journal here.

rebel

Trouble with these is that the water comes out lots and you have to keep emptying the glass case its in practically every day
May depend on your humidity levels? I live in a area with very low humidity and my suspicion is that these won't even survive unless enclosed. Yet to be tested however.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bettaguy I saw a post asking about the ADA terra base Wabi-Kusa 5
IconicHornbill Wine cooler DIY terra base Wabi-Kusa 5