• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE

Allmost all any size and any amount co2 bottles come with presure 60 bar approx., my pub refill stations top up for me on 70 bars, also depend from temperature, higher temp.= higher presure.
If 60bar full bottle, then out approx. is 2-3 bars on my single gauge regulator

Heat Your bottle up to 80C and will be good presuure ;) (Joke)

Best Regards,

I've been asking the same question but about the tmc and d-d regs
Let me know if you get an answer on this reg
Bit cheaper than the ones I'm looking at

I can't see an obvious adjustment handle on the ebay reg, but it's possible the knurled portion at the back is a handle.

I don't have any experience with the TMC reg, but again, I can't see an obvious adjustment handle. The D-D regs, on the other hand, have easily adjustable output pressure; just turn the huge black handle on the top.

My TMC too fixed presure gauge. From 60 bar gives me approx. 2.5 bar. 70bar = 3 bar
About other make models i don't know.

Regards,

just to let everyone know, it is not adjustable, even though it does look it may have a knob on the back. :D

hi, just an update. if i bought one of these http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/shop/co2-regulator.htm could i take the solenoid and needle valve off my cheap chinese 'all-in-one' and add it to this reg. i cant see why not, but someone might have a reason not to do this.

btw, i think the needle valve isn't very good so i might change that as well. i jump from hardly anything to alot with the slightest turn of the dial.

thanks

Hi,
Yes, these should all be industrial standard fittings so solenoid and needle valve can be swapped. As you've mentioned though, you really do need a quality needle valve.

Edit: I've just had a closer look at this unit and it shows the second gauge as Litres Per Minute, which is somewhat useless. Perhaps you can get them to substitute a low range output pressure gauge (in the 0-5 BAR range) instead of a flow rate gauge.

Cheers,

do you think its my needle valve thats causing the output pressure gauge to fluctuate? it moves back and forth about.1 to .2 of a bar and the bubble flow rate peaks and troughs (unsteady). though something tells me however unsteady the bubble rate the needle valve shouldn't be affecting the gauge itself?

thanks, scott

i am also thinking about buying this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0547761217. when asked, the seller says output pressure is adjustable, though i'm not convinced they fully understand what im asking! they have said however that it is set at 2.2 bar. can anyone confirm this?

also if you look at the pictures there is a dial that appears to be in addition to the needle valve. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!!

gollum456 said:
do you think its my needle valve thats causing the output pressure gauge to fluctuate? it moves back and forth about.1 to .2 of a bar and the bubble flow rate peaks and troughs (unsteady). though something tells me however unsteady the bubble rate the needle valve shouldn't be affecting the gauge itself?
Yes this could easily be the needle valve. If the valve opening is fluctuating then it could back-pressure the upstream side if there is no check valve (or other form of isolation) in between the guage and the needle valve. The gauge might simply be showing you the back-pressure fluctuations. The design is really not clear so it's difficult to tell. The problem also could be farther downstream. Does this happen when you separate the regulator from the rest of the system such as tubing and reactor?

Cheers,

gollum456 said:
i am also thinking about buying this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0547761217. when asked, the seller says output pressure is adjustable, though i'm not convinced they fully understand what im asking! they have said however that it is set at 2.2 bar. can anyone confirm this?

also if you look at the pictures there is a dial that appears to be in addition to the needle valve. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!!

an answer for this would also be appreciated as i think this may be the same brand as the atomiser i bought. if so, then quality should be ok?

gollum456 said:
gollum456 said:

thanks!!

an answer for this would also be appreciated as i think this may be the same brand as the atomiser i bought. if so, then quality should be ok?
Well, just below the image the product description states the following:

Brand "UP", made in Taiwan
Dual gauge pressure indicators
Industrial-grade Precision Needle Valve
Integrated 110/220V Solenoid
Solenoid Valve is "JBS (Jin Ben Sun Co., Ltd)"
Compatible with various size of CO2 Cylinders (from 12 oz to 20-lb)
The thread is made according to UK, Europe, Japan and Taiwan standard (JIS m22-14), 22mm in diameter.
Please note this m22-14 do not fit cylinder in USA and Canada.
Free Check Valve x 2.
Item come with UK Plug.

So from the combination of image and description we can only assume that the chrome knurled knob is the needle valve. I don't see any other dials, only the two gauges and what appears to be a green logo "UP", which the product description reveals is the name of the brand. It could easily be misconstrued that this "UP" label is some kind of indication of a valve position, but I think not.

All in all, this seems like a fairly bog standard twin gauge regulator with solenoid. I can't see any faults with this. The high pressure gauge look like it has the right scale to measure industrial cylinder pressures and the low pressure output gauge looks like it goes from 0-10 Bars, which is also fine. We can't really say if any of this is the best of quality, but on the surface looks good. I can't see a reason to avoid this particular unit unless someone who has used this brand reports a complaint.

Cheers,

well, i've already bought it now as the supplier assures me that the 'working pressure' is 2.2 bar. i paid a few quid extra as this one is supposedly supplied from the uk and will arrive in 3 business days. also suposed to have no quibble 7 day return. also i stressed to the supplier that if this reg runs below 1.7 bar i will be returning it and expecting refund for postage costs. all of this exchange is recorded in ebay messages. so heres hoping!!

let us know how you get on
as i said ive been looking at the tmc and d-d ones and this would save a few quid
did you get it from the same seller as the link above?

o from the combination of image and description we can only assume that the chrome knurled knob is the needle valve. I don't see any other dials, only the two gauges and what appears to be a green logo "UP", which the product description reveals is the name of the brand. It could easily be misconstrued that this "UP" label is some kind of indication of a valve position, but I think not.

clive if you look at the other pics there is another small knob that says off and this looks like it sits near the needle valve
could be wrong though

Back