• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adult Fans of Lego, AFOL

I think Lego have really discovered (and capitalised) on the market for adult enthusiasts, but it's just so expensive. I'd love to build the rivendell set, even the Jurassic park t-rex breakout, but it's priced just out of range of passing interest for me.
The adult LEGO market went ballistic over COVID, it's how and when this thread started. All those adults with spare money and freetime had to find something to do, and you're right LEGO were quick to capitalise on it. Especially with their Creator Expert line. Not least bringing out a model of the Titanic with 9090 pieces. Which I think is the biggest LEGO model produced so far, costing £589.99.

1691485388796.png

Rivendale is a beautiful set, but you're right it is very expensive and beyond the price many are willing to pay for a LEGO set. But it does have 6167 pieces and 15 minifigures so it's not bad value at £429.99

1691485471599.png

LEGO Star Wars, playsets, and UCS (Ultimate Collectors Series) have become ridiculously expensive. Aside from the UCS sets being some of the largest LEGO has produced, it also has to pay franchise costs, so that inflates the cost per piece beyond that in most other sets. The minifigure scale AT-AT comes in at £734.00 for 6785 pieces.

1691485639615.png

Similarly, other franchises, like Jurassic World can be expensive as well. But in many cases LEGO have put their prices up because the market has changed. AFOL have a great deal of spending power and are likely to spend more money buying LEGO for their kids. So even playsets like Jurassic Park T. Rex Breakout have become more expensive and perhaps aimed more at the adult market. Below T. Rex Breakout, 1212 pieces at £89.99.

1691487865038.png

However, Amazon often have discounted sets for sale, with around 20% - 30% off the RRP, or more. I very rarely pay full price for LEGO.

Back