• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice needed on plants in new Nano setup

Aaron&Melanie

Seedling
Just setup a new Arcadia 35l nano tank 10 days ago, the plants don't seem to be doing to well in there despite two APS nano LED units (128 individual leds) and dosing EasyCarbo daily and Tropica plant nutrition +
Substrate is EcoComplete
Plants are:
Anubias nana 'Petite' Bonsai
Staurogyne repens
Hemianthus Callitrichoides Cuba
Micranthemum umbrosum
Rotala wallichii
Tonina fluviatilis

Wanted to get everything right before i put the fish in (Scarlet Badis) will be using mature media.

p1040382q.th.jpg
p1040381i.th.jpg
p1040380u.th.jpg
p1040379pw.th.jpg

I see some melt and some browning. But I also see what looks like health new growth too? Perhaps your plants are just adapting from emersed to submerged life? Don't know the leds but perhaps you have too much light? Also how much easycarbo and tpn?

using tropica+ per directions 1x weekly, 1ml dose. 4ml carbo per day. No livestock in yet.

Too much light. Hard to say as don't know what those lights put out but I think you should reduce to 5hrs in the first instance and up the ferts. In my 27l I'm using 2ml TPN & 2ml TPN+ a week - that's with 7 hrs 11w T8 and no co2.

I've heard of people using TPN+ daily, would this help? Or should I stay and try the 2ml per week?

Also looking for alternative lights(whole other topic)

Back