• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice needed

Tucker90

Starting to see some algae on stems and H. Pinnatifida.

Set up looks like :
Chihiros 45 rgb on for 5 hours a day at 60%
Co2 one hour before lights. Indicator shows Dark-ish green when lights come on

Set up 2 weeks ago

Any advice?
Thanks

c1ebbd422e41d5484d450053e33664e2.jpg

69ccb8b64119828a93dec013a6e5a10c.jpg

18c5e9eeddb26633f535c641fc224e96.jpg

Co2 probs should be a lighter green more lime green any fish in there?

Yeah, ember tetra and shrimp,

Forgot to mention

Have been doing 50% water changes every other day following advice to avoid diatoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The light looks quiet high up so might not be getting to the bottom as well as it should on 50% think the metal rods are in the wrong way mate

I think it should look more like this View attachment 132959

Embarrassing

My last set up just turned into a green string algae mess as it had too much light so thought the height would do it well,

Upped the co2, lowered the lily to allow better flow and moved my light!

Fingers crossed I see an improvement over the next week or so!

Thanks jay! Appreciate it pal!

9c37145248351b1ffe2afcf1780522f7.jpg

Last edited:
No worries mate think it looks better already maybe move the intake to.the side of the out flow so there isnt a dead spot on the right middle

No worries mate think it looks better already maybe move the intake to.the side of the out flow so there isnt a dead spot on the right middle

Do you mean move it to the opposite side of the tank, or next to the outflow?

It's a lovely scape mate il put you some of the pinnatifida in when I post and I've got a loads of stem plants too mostly rotola if you want some

It's a lovely scape mate il put you some of the pinnatifida in when I post and I've got a loads of stem plants too mostly rotola if you want some

Thank you! And that Very generous of you!

I wanted to move it next to the outflow anyway but thought that’d mess the flow up!

So win win! Will sort that tomorrow.

Thanks again!

There mature stems some have had the tops taken off for the new scape but the more plants you have the better chance you to out compete the alge it's all about finding the right balance and patience I'd probs put the pinnatifida glued to the wood with the moss it likes to be high up in the tank where the lights are like this
Screenshot_20200330-191409_Gallery.jpg

As the others mentioned flow and co2. Looking at you tank I really like the scape! Looks great. I believe you will have a up hill battle however. You mainly have moss and Anubias it appears and sparse stems. It’s a very lightly planted tank, with slow growers. My only advice would be more flow , more co2 , low light. That light you have is for high energy , fast growing planted tanks. It will cause you algae issues. Ramp it way down. Optional 2 would be after plant it heavy, however that maybe not the look your going for.

There mature stems some have had the tops taken off for the new scape but the more plants you have the better chance you to out compete the alge it's all about finding the right balance and patience I'd probs put the pinnatifida glued to the wood with the moss it likes to be high up in the tank where the lights are like this View attachment 132963

Any would be appreciated!

With regards to the pinnatifida I wanted to try and get it covering the rocks on right hand side, but I guess with it been lower in the water not much chance if that!

When the tank matures you will be able to get it to cover the rocks just be patient if you can get it growing strong on the wood then nip the centres out and glue them.to the rocks

Back