• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

advice please

snakey

Seedling
I have an account with BOC and use their CO2 for euthanising rodents before freezing them for storage for my snakes I have regulators for this type of bottle but could you advise on what other equipment i would need to start using CO2 on my tank

I will list it all out and why you need it.

Needle valve to control low pressure side of gas injection.

Bubble counter. Not needed but gives a visual indication of injection rate.

A diffuser. This diffuses co2 gas into small bubbles. Can be in tank glass type or external reactor type for external filters.

Co2 Tubing to carry co2 flow.

Solonoid valve. With a timer unit if you wish to have auto on/off control.

Checkvalve to prevent water getting back to reg when co2 is off.

You can buy regs with solonoid and needle valve all in 1 unit.

Edit. Also a drop checker would be useful to give an indication of c02 levels in your tank.

Check the stickies in this forum. The fire extinguisher thread should help you out.

you must have a lot of snakes to need a BOC account. how much gas does it take to euthanis a mouse.

Its not a case of euthanising one at a time its a question of doing 100+ at a time I maintain 1000 adult female mice for breeding and 2500 female rats I euthanise 14cuft of rodents a week on average 500 pythons of various sizes

I have been looking at the TMC regulator does this fit pub style bottles like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180609688071 as i can get these trade price

That one should as it's listed as a "Din 477" connection. I'm using the same unit myself. Some prefer the "seperates" route for higher quality parts but I've had no issues with my unit as yet.

The (CGA 320?) version is for USA bottles, paintball and small homebrew cylinders with a central pin.

Thanks for that I was wondering what the different types were hadn't been able to find out yet

now the BOC account makes sense more of a job than a hobby. i was thinking you had maybe 5 snakes not 500.

Back