• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice with ferts and liquid co2

Darren Carter

Hi guys looking for some advice really I have been running my tanks now since the beginning of the year really happy with them so far but I’m unsure about my ferts etc I currently have two tanks a 30l and a 63l both planted
E2718E64-4718-4772-8AD7-75ABA83F0788.jpeg

The little 30l on the left is running a tropica powder base with jbl mando and I’m putting two ml ever day of the aquascaper ferts and one ml of easylife carbo liquid co2 are there better ferts I can get I have heard seachem flourish is really good is it better than what I’m using or should I stick with what I have?.
1FD30EA3-B886-4D23-AC2D-4DC8E54D9063.jpeg

And the 63l on the far right I’m currently adding three ml of ferts and two ml of liquid co2 but next Friday I’m ordering my first pressurised co2 setup I’m ordering a co2 art set.
225D23AD-2975-4143-AA8D-A7E0C55A1C8A.jpeg

Has any one got any advice on the ferts and liquid co2 as I need to by more Friday and I’m unsure if I should switch or stick I have two more tanks to set up I’m just awaiting hard ware thanks in advance guys

are there better ferts I can get I have heard seachem flourish is really good is it better than what I’m using or should I stick with what I have?.
Flourish is only micro nutrients where as what you are using is a full fertilizer (included the macro elements NPK).

Most ferts are just the same underlying chemicals so you can make your own which is a lot cheaper (
http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm)

Once you add injected CO2 it becomes a different game though. I don't use CO2 so I will leave it to others but you will probably want to be looking at the EI method for adding ferts daily.

I have great success with Lush Max off eBay. I think you can buy 3 packs of the complete fert for £12. This lasts me around a year on my 155 litre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back