• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African Cichlids

altaaffe

Sorry Aaron, but seeing as you posted a non-planted, thought I'd do the same.

Here is my main African cichlid tank after the addition of Rena smartheater to get rid of the unsightly glass tubesand as an experiment, some redmoor wood as roots extending into the water. The fish seem to love this, knew the Acei would but didn't realise the rest would.

The plants at the minute are an experiment to see if anything will survive (not so much water conditions but being eaten !) and then I'll pack any that survive in around the roots.

2008_1222Malawi0007.jpg

It is heavily overstocked, however, I'll be shipping a lot of mbuna off to a friend once he gets his new tank next week (hopefully)

Currently, 100g tank
Male Auratus
Konia Eisentrauti
Acei Ngara
Afra Cobue
Labidochromis Caereleus
Cyrtocara Moori
Syno Multipunctatus

I'm hoping to reduce it to just the Konia, Auratus, & Moori with one of the other mbuna species and the synos but I have another all mbuna tank that he is taking the contents of so if needed I'll shunt a few that way.

As for the heater, so far I love it. With the black background, every time I look up I can't see it and having an XP3 as one of the filters it fitted real easy. I got another for my Oscar tank but it was a bit of a pain trying to find a mish mash of hoses and pipes to fit to my FX5, got there in the end but there was some serious thinking and a lot of boiling water on pipes !!

Back