• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All Pond Solutions external

Yes, I have an external 1400 lph EF. They are fantastic filters. Great value for money.

I have a Juwel Rio 125 too. I would recommend you do what I did and get the 1400 lph.

Yes, I have an external 1400 lph EF. They are fantastic filters. Great value for money.

I have a Juwel Rio 125 too. I would recommend you do what I did and get the 1400 lph.

Thank you very much dude I will buy the 1400 EF then :) A bit scared as I will have to remove the internal o_O

You don't 'have' to remove it. I run my external alongside the Juwel internal filter. I upgraded the internal from the Bioflow 600 to the Bioflow 1000. It gives great flow.

The only downside of the APS externals is that they can be a pain to prime.

I run my external alongside the Juwel internal filter

Ohhh Is it a bit too much ? So you do not use the spray bar?

APS externals is that they can be a pain to prime

Sorry I am not english... Do you mean pain to start up ? Like first time or every time I clean it.

I already order the main It should come Thu or so :)

Thank you again.

Great value for money.

I like them. I have one, but for value for money, do bear in mind that they're power hungry for what they do, and the cost adds up considerably compared to some of the economical filters you can get if you're paying the electricity bill. After crunching some numbers I worked out that some of the eco running filters worked out far cheaper over a year, despite the much higher purchase price, so worth doing some maths.

They are annoying to start up. The first time and then every time you clean it. It's not a serious problem. It just takes a bit longer.

I do use the spray bar for the external. But I also have the internal filter. It's not too much flow- the fish love it!

I like them. I have one, but for value for money, do bear in mind that they're power hungry for what they do, and the cost adds up considerably compared to some of the economical filters you can get if you're paying the electricity bill. After crunching some numbers I worked out that some of the eco running filters worked out far cheaper over a year, despite the much higher purchase price, so worth doing some maths.

Thank you for the feed back :) I see what you mean. Yes I do pay the bills but (it my sounds stupid) is the initial pay worst. I was looking on the JBL but they are all like £100.

I do use the spray bar for the external. But I also have the internal filter. It's not too much flow- the fish love it!

Hmmm I shall try it then and see :D

One last question if you do not mind please. I was thinking to stack the CO2 to intake of the fillter nut I heard some ppl geting airlocks and so on. Did you try this guys or you encantered the same problem?

Thank you :)

I have not tried it myself but I would suggest that if you do put the Co2 into the filter intake, you should remove all the sponges in the filter and have only bio balls.

I use an inline atomizer attached to the 'out' hose of the filter.

I use similar but unbranded filters from online that were cheap. They do not pump as much as they say they do, so get at least one size up from what you would need, but otherwise they are good!

Also, if you do decide to take out the internal filter you can get a good amount of money for it. I sold mine on ebay as an auction with a starting price of £0.99 and it sold for about £30 + P&P.

Back