• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternatives to a CO2 injection

Out of date extinguishers are usually still safe, just not legal for extinguishing fires.
In the UK, at least, they can still be used for home brewing and planted aquariums etc.
Yea that’s my understanding too. When they’ve been sold to me it is without the firefighting “horn” and the guy said just bring the empty cylinder back once I’m done.

Video here of my setup using expired CO2 fire extinguisher and cheap chinese regulator:
I have the exact same setup and so far the regulator seems ok (been using it for about 2 months now). The solenoid tends to be a bit noisy sometimes and the fine tuning wheel could be a bit more precise I guess (I don't have anything to compare it with but it seems that it could be better).

Well apart from the dodgy plug mine has been fine. A click when it turns on but no noise apart from that. Needle valve seems ok too I’m actually really impressed with the quality of this considering the price, I was half expecting to bin it tbh. I guess we’ll see how they perform longer term :)

Back