• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Am I on the right path

1 and 2 are the same. 3 and 4 are the same. I plan to put a gravel into sand transition. Just wondering do either of the two look well.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

They all look very decent to me. Each has its own merits. I think if you're going for a classic triangle scape you could perhaps experiment with a little more height on the left. Maybe bank the soil more at the back and raise the height of the rock in the back left corner, see what that looks like. But I guess it also depends on how you're going to plant it.

For what it's worth I think 3 & 4 have the best potential. I see stones from a collapsed river bank with the root washed down & wedged in between them in a natural fashion. It suits the tank proportions better.
1 & 2 seem like just a fairly standard triangle scape which is fine if that's what you want.
After all, it's your design & creation in the end! 🙂

Thanks Tim, Mini,

I think I have found a final form I happy with. Not going to be representative of a certain landscape but I think there are nice points of tension. I tried to follow rule of thirds.

The back left rock presents as steady and relaxed. Rock to the front right creates tension as does the one behind it with its leaning position. Mostly epiphytes and some mixed grasses. Maybe stems or long grass species on the very left back.

Attachments

• 8A050295-559B-4E63-950A-D05330EE779E.jpeg
    8A050295-559B-4E63-950A-D05330EE779E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
Back