• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am1000

mdhardy01

Hi all
I have an am1000 being fed by a eheim 2180
The am still has the bio balls in and I get bubbles escape into the tank
Is this normal? Is there any way of getting the co2 to dissolve 100%
thanks
Matt

Hi matt when i got my am1000 it was driven by a Eheim 2076 and like you had problems with gas pockets collecting. Solved by replacing the 2076 with a dedicated circ pump. I fitted a seperate intake and coupled it to an Eheim 1260 circ pump going back in through a double length eheim spray bar, so I have a dedicated co2 circuit.. What can I say mega flow and at first I thought it may be too much but no, 100 or at least 98% saturation with no bubbles eminating from the bars at all. I have the pump coming on 5 mins before the gas and it works really well. The flow just seems to give this curtain of saturated water and the difference in my plant growth is mad I have anubius producing new leaves weekly and moss growth where weekly pruning is a must. Hope this helps Colin.

Coiln3107 said:
Hi matt when i got my am1000 it was driven by a Eheim 2076 and like you had problems with gas pockets collecting. Solved by replacing the 2076 with a dedicated circ pump. I fitted a seperate intake and coupled it to an Eheim 1260 circ pump going back in through a double length eheim spray bar, so I have a dedicated co2 circuit.. What can I say mega flow and at first I thought it may be too much but no, 100 or at least 98% saturation with no bubbles eminating from the bars at all. I have the pump coming on 5 mins before the gas and it works really well. The flow just seems to give this curtain of saturated water and the difference in my plant growth is mad I have anubius producing new leaves weekly and moss growth where weekly pruning is a must. Hope this helps Colin.

What size tank did you do this on Colin?

Back