• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano Shrimp and Moss

twg

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if you could clear this up for me...

I introduced 10 Amano Shrimp into my nano aquarium today, just a simple moss on sumatra wood layout. I'm now a bit worried as I've read from different sources that they like to munch on moss as a snack? :wideyed:

Could anyone confirm whether this is true? I was hoping they'd eat all the goodies on the moss, not the actual moss itself!

Cheers,

Tom

Think its more what's in the moss than the moss itself
I've got a load of cherries and sukuras in with weeping moss and they just keep it clean
Matt

ive never noticed mine munching moss, or any half munched looking moss :)

You'll be fine.
The only moss I have seen amanos eat is leptodyctum riparium (stringy moss).

Woah woah woooooah!!

Matt, is that the japan stringy moss? Same stuff I've got that originally came from your stock somewhere down the line?

I've not noticed my amano tucking into it, but he could be going at it ninja style!

nope! It's a different moss. Very similar names. The Lepto has such fine fronds that it looks similar to hair algae!

Ahh, that okai then. The stuff I have is quite a slow grower compared to my xmass mos.

Back