• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano shrimps migration

Don’t mind the soundtrack - it is old russian song about mount climbers :)
It's great!!

What would they be climbing for?

Do you think they don't like the water.

No. That was during water change and at that stage it was still same water. I guess that water flow triggered migration instinct when in nature shrimps climb up the stream

They like to venture anyway.. I had them in a tank with a hob filter. Regelarly had to take one out there having a party on the sponge in the hob. :)
20rm80o-jpg.jpg

I had a tank with a sponge driven filter with the outlet breaking the water line so about 5mm was exposed and would often see both Amano and RCS sitting on top of that. There's also a piece of wood with moss growing on partly exposed which gets floater roots tangled in it and sometimes RCS venture out on to the top of the floaters looking for a gap to get back down into the water. I guess this is how sea creatures eventually evolved onto land. Venturing out further and further until some adapted to live on both and then ultimately staying out there.
In the same vein the other day I was watching my Otto's sitting on a root. They weren't holding on to the wood using their mouths but more grasping it between their fins, the beginning of using fins for legs? I could be experiencing evolution as it happens in my tank or maybe I'm just over thinking it :D

Back