• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Amazon frogbit

Raws69

Hi

ive noticed the roots on my frogbit, look dirty compared to some the pictures I’ve seen. Is this ok, or is there some kind of deficiency in nutrients going on? Btw there’s plenty of new growth happening....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101

Raws69

Hi

roots now looking good, however noticed a number of holes appearing on some leafs. is this the fish or snails, or something else?

Attachments

• EF7BF73D-95D6-4FAD-BC85-4A161CFC6F39.jpeg
    EF7BF73D-95D6-4FAD-BC85-4A161CFC6F39.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

Raws69

Mine weren’t intentional came in on some moss that I was given...

frothhelmet

Ramshorn snails eat frogbit the fine hairs extending out from the taproots but not the taproot itself, and never the leaves. Could be another snails though. Also older leaves can also just get old and deteriorate.

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
however noticed a number of holes appearing on some leafs. is this the fish or snails, or something else?
The plants new leaves look pretty healthy, so it will be either snails, old leaves or burn marks. I'd just pinch the damaged ones off.

cheers Darrel

SRP3006

Hi

roots now looking good, however noticed a number of holes appearing on some leafs. is this the fish or snails, or something else?
My ramshorns eat the actual leaves, little pieces chewed here and there, I've seen them actually attached to the leaf rather than the roots.

Raws69

Cheers for the replies, frogbite growing so well, I’ve just removed the damaged stuff. And starting to hand pick out the uninvited guests.