• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

An issue with the Ludwigia

AlexH

Hi guys,

I've had this Ludwigia planted for some time now and for all intents and purposes - it was doing great! But I've recently noted that the leaves appear to be turning transparent....

I have my photo period with 2x T5 Hi Lite Day Light Juwel with reflectors set to around 6 hours via timer. CO2 starts an hour prior - on weekends its a significantly longer period with CO2 running alongside (although that has just started today).

I does with TNC complete - Its 1ml for every 10 litres - So I dose 6ml every other day. I dosed yesterday.

Any ideas?

30761139853_ba69e3cbcb_b.jpg

On the second image I can see some yellowing of the leaves...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PVyVfa]31454965081_51e9f0b379_b.jpg

Thanks,
Alex
[/url]

Crippling of leaves is due to calcium deficiency, plant leaves are looking yellow certainly a particular nutrient in the water column is not sufficient. That looks nitrogen or iron deficiency as well.

Calcium and Magnesium will be present in Tap water if your tap water is hard enough and even bore well water contain rich micro nutrients needed for your plants. Yes you can add iron but be careful about it if you have invertebrates(shrimps) in your tank, they will die. How many fishes do you have ? is this new planted plant ? may I ask which plant is that?

Brilliant!!

Thank you.

So i need to top up on the iron and to add calcium?

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Alex
Calcium and Magnesium will be present in Tap water if your tap water is hard enough and even bore well water contain rich micro nutrients needed for your plants. Yes you can add iron but be careful about it if you have invertebrates(shrimps) in your tank, they will die. How many fishes do you have ? is this new planted plant ? may I ask which plant is that?

Brilliant!!

Thank you.

So i need to top up on the iron and to add calcium?

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Alex

This IMG might be helpful for you

Attachments

• 3591814040_bc03c264a5_o.jpg
    3591814040_bc03c264a5_o.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 86
Back