• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

An steel fabricators or engineers out there??

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi folks, im making some mods to my tank and im having a bit of an issue.
So my pipe work will be swopped over for 25/32 tubing and run and eheim compact. the plan was to bend some acrylic tubes as inlets and outlets, trouble being that bending 25mm acrylic is almost impossible without restricting flow and looking pretty cruddy. So as a solution im tossing up the idea of bent stainless.
So i would like to know if 304 stainless would be suitable or would i need 316 if its submersed?
Is this something that i could bend myself or should i really be looking at finding a company to do it for me to a spec?
Are the any folks on here that are able to do this and would they like to help me out with my DIY solution??

Many thanks for any advise you might have.
:thumbup:

I made my own out of 17mm stainless tube for one tank and 13mm for my nano. i based them on the eheim green plastic lily pipes.

Really easy to do, buy the tube from ebay and use a pipe bender to shape. i also squashed the jet end in a vice.

Then pick up some shrimp guards from gush :D

job done :D

gush link

http://www.gush-aqua.com/product_v.php?g=2&c=2&p=28

I was toying with the idea of macking a spray bar from 17mm stainless the length of my tank.

It would bend up and over like a lily pipe then bend 90 deg to run along tank, then bend back up 90 deg loop over tank and be capped.

Back