Angels eating my Frogbit!!

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by misscaretaker, 7 Oct 2008.

1. misscaretaker

misscaretaker Member

Hi, I have Amazon Frogbit in both my tanks. It's doing great in the smaller tank, but in the bigger tank, my angels will not leave it alone - they've eaten nearly all the roots and have started on the leaves now :twisted: . It's taken me a while to find the culprits, but I caught them red-finned today. Anyone had any experience of this or know of a floater that they won't eat? :rolleyes:

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

not sure about any others they wont eat but feeding them more will help to prevent this.

3. misscaretaker

misscaretaker Member

I am trying not to overfeed them, but I do feed them 3 times a day. They are only eating the roots, but there is more than enough green food for them to eat that goes in for the snails/ottos etc. I've removed the frogbit and put it in the other tank where it's safe, but I'll try something without such long roots to tempt them :rolleyes: Any ideas?

4. Ark

Ark Member

lettuce and cucumbers mine eat very thin slices i feed be hand once ot twice a week