• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another one from TPT

ElleDee

Hi! I've been a semi-active member of TPT, but have recently decided to expand my horizons a bit, so here I am.

I entered the hobby at the very beginning of the pandemic, but my background is in terrestrial horticulture. This was definitely helpful in the beginning, but unfortunately my specific area of expertise (plant breeding) isn't much use to my tank. Dang. It turns out aquatic plants are quite bizarre, and I've had to learn loads to get my tanks off the ground. I do like the more academic discussions on forums, but as much as I like to contribute, I'm really here to steal ideas learn from people smarter and more experienced than me.

My current tanks (a 20 gallon long and a 5 gallon) have been excellent laboratories for me to learn the basics, but they are intentionally conservative in scope and I feel like I've outgrown them now. I have a new 120P build in progress that is much more ambitious and I can't wait for the tank to actually get here. I'm going to get a journal started for it soon. In the meantime, I'll be lurking around getting an idea of how things work around here.

I am Very American, a naturally poor speller, and prone to typos - sorry in advance for any trouble that causes.

Back