• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

anubias nana algae help ?

Deano3

Hi i i have a small fluval spec with a betta in there and i dose with 5 drops of flourish excell daily but the algae was already there bofore that, the algae looks like a thick layer or dusk and its a brown colour not very hairy just looks dirty any ideas ? standard spec light on from 10-6

thanks Dean

yeah i recently put the betta in there but the tank been set up with plants for months, when i re aranged it i tryed wiping off the leaves but its seems to be back already
googled it and it does look like it in some pics how do i get rid ?
thanks for repply

just read that they eat nitrates and i have just finished fishless cycling so when my betta settles in and tank stables hopefully will clear

thanks

Just have to wait and see mate. It will hopefully clear when the filter properly matures with the betta in there.
Good luck with it, hope it clears up soon.

Kris

thanks for repply yeah hopefully clears, dosing with excel and i am sure i am seeing new growth aswel lol will keep u posted and get some pics this weekend

thanks

Hi Deano,
i have a spec with anubias and betta and early on i also had brown algae on the leaves of my anubias. Keep wiping it off before a water change and when the tank matures (as you said) it will dissappear.
Incidentally in this tank there is only an anubias, no other plants, but i dont dose anything, just water changes, its doing fine theyre hardy little plants!
Ady.

Back