• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Any modernist aquascapers

teg1203

Are there any examples of avante garde aquascapes (or even a movement :? ). Using modern materials or unusual approaches to form and composition and utilising different materials and methods. :)

Any "aqua banksey's" out there?

I was thinking about making a scape using a piece of shopping trolley and some coarse fish (captive bred) to create a biotope of a midlands canal.

Do I need professional help or what? :lol:

teg1203

thanks for the links guys - most entertaining - but more in the style of Beryl Cook than Damian Hurst. Has anyone created a tank full of formaldehyde with some dead plants floating in? Or a tank with an un-made river-bed in it!! :lol:

Where's the art? :? :? :? :?

JamesM

I've had something 'different' planned for months, including all the hardscape. I just don't have a spare filter to get things going. And as its not the sort of 'scape I'd want to live with, I don't want to sacrifice anything to pull it off. Not yet anyway.

aaronnorth

teg1203

Action men - that's pigging brilliant. they could represent authoritarianism. The shopping trolley could represent urban decay and consumerism. Now what can I use to convey gaian philosophy. :?

The Turner prize is in the bag - and half will go to ukaps. (well maybe a 10th) :D